cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WCMO
Senior Advisor

Re: Why Hillary Lost

"Your constitution does not change the fact that Clinton won the election and the system gave the prize to Trump"

Fact:  Our constitution provides the process for the legal and clear selection for Trump as our next President.  Clinton "won" nothing.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Try to stick to reality.

Clinton won the popluar vote.

Your system gave the presidency to Trump NOT the popular vote which was o=won by Clinton.

As much as you might not like the FACT that your leader was selected with a minority of the vote it is a FACT.

WCMO
Senior Advisor

Your truth is not necessarily THE truth, neither is mine.

The FACT is that the popular vote for President only counts on a state-by-state basis to determine how that state's electors are expected to vote for President, the overall national popular vote for President is a meaningless tally.  Each STATE's electors then cast actual votes for the President, and this hasn't actually happened yet.

http://www.history.com/topics/electoral-college

Katzenjammer12
Senior Contributor

The American electorate system has been that way since the founding.  It is not rigged, just because it doesn't yield the response you'd like.

If people want a direct election, they can simply change the constitution.  

Why can't you get over your misunderstading of the US constitution?

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Yes I understand your constitution but that does not change the FACT that more US voters chose Clinton than Trump.

But because of your constitution the prize was awarded to the loser of the popular vote.

How did that work out the last time???

WCMO
Senior Advisor

Since you asked, last time worked out fine, relatively speaking.  Al Gore, seriously?

AllenJwi
Senior Contributor

I second that WCMO.. Look what we got the last two elections. For sure to go down in history as they worst ever.

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

(Actually from the numbers I have seen she won.

It is just that the 'rigged' system gave the prize to Trump.)

You should also add that both candidates campaigned under the current electoral vote system and Trump won.  If the President was determined by total votes, both candidates would have ran different campaign's, one that would garner the most most votes, not the most electoral votes.  So Trump would have spent money & campaigned more in NY & California, Clinton in TX, etc.  

I don't know whom would of won if that were the case and under those different rules, but I do know whom won under the rules currently in place.

Saying she won this election, because she had the most votes, is only a good slogan for a protest sign.

It does make one wonder however, should the Worls Series be determined by which team scores the most runs over a 7 game series, or won by the first team to win 4 games.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Keep spinning

what I pointed out was that more people voted for Clinton than Trump

That is a FACT.

BTW that number is apparently approaching 2 million

The system gave the prize to Trump and it was Trump that said it was rigged.

AllenJwi
Senior Contributor

You don't have a clue as to why Trump was elected do you? The electoral collage has its purpose.