cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WCMO
Senior Advisor

Re: Electoral College

The point is that, for President, the national 'popular vote' is a meaningless statistic -- it has no more meaning than the national 'popular vote' for New York Governor or California Senator.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

allen; red my posts SLOWLY did I say popular vote was the deciding factor this time.

Most elections popular vote lines up with the one given the prize but not this time.

Clinton still won the popular vote even if you did not want it to happen, it is a FACT!

Quit trying to make it not true, it won't fly, the numbers tell the tale.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

WCMO; to win the prize Trump did not need to get the most votes BUT that does not change the FACT that Clinton won the popular vote and that does mean something and will hang over the head of Trump in most places even if some want to ignore it.

WCMO
Senior Advisor

Maybe in "blue" states or population centers, but I wouldn't say "in most places".  The potential effects are also mitigated by having Republican majorities in Congress, at least for now.  Just like the initial Obama term and initial Democratic majorities, not so sure that's a good thing, depends on what they do with it.

AllenJwi
Senior Contributor

Al Gore won the popular vote George Bush won the election. That is how the system is setup. A few million extra dead votes from a few cities do not decide the outcome.

AllenJwi
Senior Contributor

Just why are you crying about this? I can understand TICK TOCK lady  and the perv but what is in it for you? Just like to stir trouble do you?

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

WCMO & allen; why do you get so upset that I point out the Clinton won the popular vote, a FACT?

Do you feel guilty about what Trump called your rigged system?

Keep spinning if it makes you feel better but it does not change the FACT the Clinton won the most votes.

WCMO
Senior Advisor

Canuck -- not 'upset' at all.  Have simply been curious as to why you seem to harp on 'facts' that have neither meaning nor consequence, and earlier thought perhaps you needed some explanation, while now your comments appear simply facetious.  Yes, Clinton received more individual votes in total nationally than did Trump, a fact in and of itself, yet that is not how our President is elected.  Yes, Trump said that our system was 'rigged', yet not sure he was talking about the electoral system, and it appears he still won out over what he thought was a system 'rigged' against him.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

I would think it is very important to realize and accept that your system gave the top spot to the candidate with the losing popular vote.

It does not happen often and should be something that even the winner of the prize should take into consideration but when I pointed out that fact a bunch of posters on here ignored what I was saying and started jumping through hoops to try to persuade me and anyone else that what I was saying either was wrong or did not matter.

It should matter or it will come back to haunt your leader AND everyone else as well.

When you are governing from a minority position you need to do so with that FACT in consideration.

It seems strange that the person who claimed things were rigged is the one who got the prize with a minority of the vote.

Do you think he will consider that?

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

Ever hear of Voter suppresion Black sand??

When Hill has 2 million more votes than the puzzy grabber, America will do what she need to do to ensure the republic survives.

Enjoy your bubble, but one day it will POP and it when it does, be sure to clean up your own mess