Senior Contributor

Re: Electoral College

Bush was SELECTED, not elected.

Even Jeb admits that.

Stop being wrong !

WCMO
Senior Advisor

"I would think it is very important to realize and accept that your system gave the top spot to the candidate with the losing popular vote." -- It is important in that it shows that the system works; it was designed to better represent all areas of the country, not just the areas with the highest voting population; it is why each state has 2 Senators while the number of representatives in the House of Representatives is based on population, and why legislation must ultimately pass in both House (population-based) and Senate (state-based).

In the US, national interests are not dictated by a simple majority of the people.

As always, the diversity and opposing views within our country is a source of strength, yet only so long as it is not an overwhelmingly dividing force, as prevented by free and open discussion, and suitably acceptable compomise.  If the President, together with House/Senate, does not perform to the expectations of the people, then there is always the option of impeachment, yet all areas of the country will have another opportunity in normal future election processes to change the ways their voices are heard or represented.

AllenJwi
Senior Contributor

Ah you figured it was you.

AllenJwi
Senior Contributor

What a worm..............................

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

What makes you think that ??

I know BA is many things, but I dont know enough about him to call him a perv.