cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Why Islam is better for liberal women than American Conseravtives

@Snooky1953 wrote:
As usual, you drag in your soapbox and hijack the thread. However, it really is no more nonsense than red's original post. What the heck is he talking about??? Islam is better for liberal American women?? A Norwegian woman gets raped and is thrown in prison in Dubai?? How does this relate to liberal, Islam, American anything or abortion????

You just don't get it. If liberal women cared about the real war on women they would speak out against the abuses women face when they are forced to live under radical islam instead of spending their time and energy on abortion and free birth control.

Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

Obviously, you don't have Facebook. Over 50,000 men and women raised their voices over the Norwegian woman arrested for being raped. She has now been released due to pressure being put on the ruler of that kingdom. If she turns up pregnant because of the rape, you would insist that she carry the baby to full term!! AND red still hasn't said anything to clarify his opening post!
KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

3020 Blurted, "If liberal women cared about the real war on women they would speak out against the abuses women face when they are forced to live under radical islam instead of spending their time and energy on abortion and free birth control."

They do speak out against abuse worldwide, quite often and quite loudly. Do you live in a cave or something? Need me to post some websites, quote some articles? What a blunder!!!!!

I suspect what you really meant to say is revealed in the last clause of your sentence - you want women to shut up about birth control and abortion. But, it's OK with you if they want to talk about the abuse of women under Islamic law.

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

I hope you noticed I asked about Red's post first thing. It immediately fell to the bottom with no reply. Like you, I wondered what the heck these three conflicting commentaries were about. I suspect he has no clue what he really wants to say and he is afraid to say he knows best what is good for women and what is not.

Here's an interesting thought - perhaps these pious people should propose that healthcare pay for free vasectomies, since they oppose birth control so much......

r3020
Senior Advisor

@KNAPPer wrote:

3020 Blurted, "If liberal women cared about the real war on women they would speak out against the abuses women face when they are forced to live under radical islam instead of spending their time and energy on abortion and free birth control."

They do speak out against abuse worldwide, quite often and quite loudly. Do you live in a cave or something? Need me to post some websites, quote some articles? What a blunder!!!!!

I suspect what you really meant to say is revealed in the last clause of your sentence - you want women to shut up about birth control and abortion. But, it's OK with you if they want to talk about the abuse of women under Islamic law.

Oh, I found her right here. She is ralling the sisterhood. I'm sure she included her sisters living under islamic law.

snip-

Some filibuster abortion bills, some march against them, and some wear tampons on their ears.

On her MSNBC show Sunday morning, Melissa Harris-Perry brought attention to Texas’ recently-passed abortion regulations—and the burnt orange-clad demonstrators who had fought their passage—in her own way: with a pair of homemade tampon earrings.

“My producer Lorena made for me last week some tampon earrings,” Harris-Perry said as she put on the jewelry. “The Texas state legislature said that you couldn’t bring tampons in, when these women were going to, in fact, stand up for their own reproductive rights.”

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/melissa-harris-perry-dons-tampon-earrings-to-protest-texas-abortion-bill/

Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

Good idea!  Insurance also doesn't pay for medication aids for ED but they will pay for mechanical aids.  Some of the fathers of some of these guys should have had a vasectomy before having sex with their mothers!

bruce MN
Advisor

What is ironic about that is that the religious sect that Red belongs to (the one adopted by a previous generation when they came here some time back and converted faiths to prove their coloquial loyalty and to be able to set up business in the neighborhood) is the WELS, which has a notable long stadning legislative tradition of "knowing what is best for women" and leaving them completely out of the decision making process.

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

I'm warning you....

Keep it up 3020 and I'll post some serious stuff about women speaking and taking action up for womans rights in Islamic countries. By your logic, if I even find one like http://karamah.org/, it cancels out what you say.

KARAMAH, Muslim Women Lawyers for Human Rights, is a U.S.-based non profit organization that derives its name from the Arabic term “karamah”, which means dignity. KARAMAH’s vision and mission are informed by the view that a just society values the informed participation of its members through the pursuit of knowledge, access to opportunities, and equity among all “children of Adam”, regardless of gender or other differences.  Through education, legal outreach, and advocacy, KARAMAH contributes to the understanding and promotion of human rights worldwide, particularly the rights of Muslim women under Islamic and civil law.

Want more? I can get all you want....

Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

Re: I'm warning you....

What about the young lady who was shot in the face for speaking up for Islamic women??  She has recovered and is still speaking out!

Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

There was a Nazi concentration camp in that district during WWII also!  I see nosink, I hear nosink!!