cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Really?

@KNAPPer wrote:

Ask yourself why. As why you think this is personel, I am replying to you personally or don't you ralize that? Who else would I reply to when I reply to one of your posts?

You're not replying to my post, you are telling me what I think.

I think anyone women who chooses to purchase birth control has every right to do so.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Re: Why Islam is better for liberal women than American Conseravtives

@r3020 wrote:

No it wasn't, the doctor had every right to treat the woman in a way to save her life. He is using the law as a cover for his incompetence.

And the lady in Ireland was an incomplete miscarriage and the doctor was not allowed to finish it and save the woman's life.

Not allowed because of a religious based law. 

Not allowed to use a medically necessary procedure by some people's 'belief'.

Not allowed to use fact based medical care because of religion.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@Canuck_2 wrote:

@r3020 wrote:

No it wasn't, the doctor had every right to treat the woman in a way to save her life. He is using the law as a cover for his incompetence.

And the lady in Ireland was an incomplete miscarriage and the doctor was not allowed to finish it and save the woman's life.

Not allowed because of a religious based law. 

Not allowed to use a medically necessary procedure by some people's 'belief'.

Not allowed to use fact based medical care because of religion.

She died because of a misdiagnosis.

snip-

Retired medical consultant Dr. Peter Kelehan said Halappanavar had the most severe case of sepsis he had ever seen in his 30-year career. The infection led to multi-organ failure. The septic shock was caused by a particularly virulent form of E.coli, with the miscarriage as an additional factor.  

While a blood test was taken when Halappanavar entered the hospital, information about her infection was not passed on the doctors treating the mother. Experts testified that if doctors had known she had sepsis, they would have induced the pregnancy to save her life. Although the baby would not have survived, the action is still legal under the current law because the life of the mother would have been in danger. 

By the time the infection was found, it had already taken serious hold and her baby miscarried before they could induce the pregnancy.

http://www.worldmag.com/2013/04/pro_life_laws_not_cause_of_ireland_miscarriage_death

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Re: Really?

As if you don't have a daily habit of telling us what we liberals, democrats, lefties, think

These pages are rife with so called conservatitives defining what bruce, Don, Nox, Johnaa and others think.

Well sir, you are the american taliban as we know what you think!

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Abortion is allowed to save the life of the mother so as long as the dead lady was miscarrying today they could have aborted her fetus but not when the anti abortion law put into law by 'christains' was in place before July 11, 2013.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jul/12/ireland-law-abortion-rights

If you read the article you will notice that Cardinals and Bishops of the Roman CAtholic religion threatened the parlaimentarians with excommunication if they voted in favour of the bill to allow abortion to save the life of the mother.

You might like to make it retroactive but it will not help the dead lady.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@Canuck_2 wrote:

Abortion is allowed to save the life of the mother so as long as the dead lady was miscarrying today they could have aborted her fetus but not when the anti abortion law put into law by 'christains' was in place before July 11, 2013.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jul/12/ireland-law-abortion-rights

If you read the article you will notice that Cardinals and Bishops of the Roman CAtholic religion threatened the parlaimentarians with excommunication if they voted in favour of the bill to allow abortion to save the life of the mother.

You might like to make it retroactive but it will not help the dead lady.

What would have helped the dead lady is competent medical facility. What killed her was a lack of communication betwenn the lab and the doctors.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

And the ability to terminate a pregnancy that was already in the process of terminating naturally.

You can hide behind excuses but the fact remains the doctors hands were tied by religious laws.