cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Why Trump is not a conservative

Did someone send Jonah my post about Nixon being liberal? Amazing coincidence

http://townhall.com/columnists/jonahgoldberg/2015/12/11/trump-doesnt-represent-the-conservative-base...

6 Replies
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Why Trump is not a conservative

I think it was sent to the whale!

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

Everyone has a different, personal definition to what "conservative" is.  And unless you`re a rabid leftist with a Che Guerrera t-shirt, rainbow neckless and a half smoked doobie in your mouth, conservatism is seen as something desirable. 

The media tells us that Lindsey Graham is a "conservative" because he wants to go to war, cut taxes and....well that`s it, that`s about all you have to do to wear the conservative label.  On the presidential level conservative voters get shafted by candidates that pray in public and promise to "end abortion" then when the rubber meets the road, they fold like a paper bag. They make excuses ..."Oh if we had the senate....oh if we had the House....oh if we had the whitehouse"  and "ohhh we`d repeal Obamacare, but the president will veto it and shut down the government and we`ll get the blame for it...can`t do that".

Okay if you dirty basterds can`t do anything about it, well then why the hell talk about it???  i`ve been listening to promises and excuses for years about ending abortions and repealing Obamacare and candidates praying their @$$es off in public and it hasn`t done any good yet.  They homosexuals got their stuff and you ain`t gonna take it away...cuz the media will run Boo-hoo stories about a poor little kid who`s daddies can`t be married anymore or whatever the hell.  And Boo-hoo stories about losing birth control that`s a quasi-abortion and Democrats will block it.

But it must all be so nlp and tuck of support to keep or repeal that all we get are excuses.  So, let`s be honest, the social moral war is lost "Praising Jesus" all the time and promising to repeal socialized medicine and abortions and lower taxes are all pipe dreams for "conservative" candidates to pat themselves on the back for doing nothing.

Along comes Trump and doesn`t wear his religion on his sleeve, doesn`t give a rip about homosexuals, isn`t going to fall on a sword in taking away a now established entitlement of socialized medicine...and hey, if we can`t eliminate abortions, why make promises that we know we can`t keep???

What Trump has done, at great publicity risk to himself and $10 Billion company is tell the truth about the LAST issue that really matters to the survival of America and that is of course Immigration.  We don`t get that issue right, nothing else will matter. The patient known as America is flat lining in cardiac arrest, Trump has the paddles and if we don`t allow him to revive the patient all the other ailments won`t matter...we`re dead, 11 million new Democrat voters and a steady stream of new ones coming over the border for as far as the eye can see.

So, Donald Trump conservative or not?  It doesn`t matter, we either elect him or a candidate that picks up his mantle on immigration or we`re dead. 

Highlighted
Advisor

Wanted to go up last night but had other obligations. Checked Box  just now. Nice line.  A couple of folks who did made special mention.  Can only guess how much enjoyment you are experiencing.

Highlighted
Advisor

Pretty well established through polling that a lot of people who vote republican aren't conservative when it comes to government programs they benefit from.

But if given encouragement from news sources and politicians they sure enjoy kicking people who are poor or lie outside the majority in one way or the other.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@hardnox wrote:

Pretty well established through polling that a lot of people who vote republican aren't conservative when it comes to government programs they benefit from.

But if given encouragement from news sources and politicians they sure enjoy kicking people who are poor or lie outside the majority in one way or the other.

Would conservatives not benefit from free health care?

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

There are lots of programs out there already that I don't take advantage of. I could easily restructure my income stream to get low cost or even free Obamacare health insurance, for one example, but don't believe in it and just want it to go away before it takes the entire USA down. Farm programs are another example...most farmers could double or triple their haul from the FSA by signing up for CSP payments, corn dryer and grain bin subsidies, beginning farmer 1% loans, energy grants and credits, etc. Really no limit as to how much milk you can suck out of the govt teats. I support downsizing government, doing away with subsidies at all levels and in all industries, and getting back to a free enterprise, capitalistic system. The candidates and party that echo that the best are going to continue to get my votes. Reform SS and Medicare so it stays around for the truely needy and keep govt farm supports, if we must, at a bare minimum to keep regional farm economies from collapsing due to weather catastrophes.