cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Why You Should Arm Yourself.

the people that did this are going to have guns no matter what legislation is passed.

news.com/_news/2013/03/30/17534219-district-attorney-wife-shot-to-death-in-texas-county-where-assistant-da-was-killed-police-say?lite

I am going to buy a handgun for every member of my household, and bullets, too.

14 Replies
Snooky1953
Senior Contributor

Re: Why You Should Arm Yourself.

Have they caught the person who did it?
hardnox604008
Advisor

Woody Harrelson's father murdered a federal judge on a contract hit back around 1970. Not anything particularly new here.

Even though violent crime rates have been trending down for the better part of 30 years my observation is that the general level of fear has been ratcheting up for maybe 15 years and now is near the highest I've seen.

One argument for buying a new vehicle is that it is lord help you if you have a problem on the road far from home.

bruce MN
Advisor

hardnox604008
Advisor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Harrelson

A modest correction- Charles Harrelson killed U.S. Disticit Court Judge John Wood in 1979 and spent the rest of his life behind bars for it.

As I no longer believe in coinkidinkers I've concluded that there were some folks who made a deal to take care of Charles' son in return for something, silence I suppose.  Charles did bear a striking resemblance to one of the "3 tramps" who were briefly detained in Dealy Plaza on the afternoon of November 22 1963.

http://jfkmurdersolved.com/lois1.htm

hardnox604008
Advisor

Observed an interesting situation frst hand a while back.

A guy I know serves as chaplain for a local police force. When news broke of an officer from a nearby department shot and killed during a traffic stop, he and his guys were beside themselves, talking about their scourge of drug gangs, minorities etc.

Turned out it was a white guy with white supremacist militia leanings, at which point they were all rather subdued.

Samnospam
Advisor

I think what people are afraid of has changed pretty dramatically.
r3020
Senior Advisor

@bruce MN wrote:

Looking at suspects.  And, yeah, Red, the victim had a gun:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/eyes-turn-to-white-supremacist-gangs-in-murder-of-two-texas-prosec...

Mexican drug lords?

Speaking on condition of anonymity, a law enforcement official described the scene at the McLelland’s home as “awful,” with “shell casings everywhere.” This caused Forney Mayor Darren Rozell and local defense attorney Eric Smenner both to suggest the McLellands were targeted:

In December, the Texas Department of Public Safety had issued a statewide bulletin warning that authorities had received “credible information” that the Aryan Brotherhood was “actively planning retaliation against law enforcement officials” who helped secure indictments in Houston against dozens of members, including the gang’s leadership.

“High ranking members… are involved in issuing orders to inflict ‘mass casualties or death’ to law enforcement officials who were involved in cases where Aryan Brotherhood of Texas are facing life sentences or the death penalty,” the bulletin stated.

A national security expert who has spent several years in intelligence gathering operations around the Mexican drug cartels' criminal insurgency into the continental United States told Breitbart News, "This assassination of DA McClellend and his wife is meant to send a message: no one is safe, no one is beyond our reach. We will kill you and your loved ones. We are in control here."

"This is a significant point of escalation in the crisis," he continued. "This type of high-profile targeting of public officials is a classic insurgent tactic. Its escalating use inside the US shows a complete lack of fear of consequences and demonstrates the fundamental shift in the strategic landscape that has already occurred.

"The criminal insurgencies and their gang foot soldiers have exported the type of warfare that brought Mexico to its knees deep into our sovereign territory. They are waging a war: targeting, assassinating, using terror tactics—and our law enforcement is outgunned and overwhelmed.”

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/03/31/Last-Words-Breitbart-s-Darby-Interviewed-Slain-Te...

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Hey Red, "they" will never totally disarm people the good or bad, because of this Patriot Cody Wilson  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DconsfGsXyA   This man should have his face on Mt Rushmore with Washington, Lincoln, TR and Jefferson, because Cody Wilson is giving away this technology that guarantees that the 2nd amendment will last in perpetuity.

I`ve posted information on "printable magazines and receivers" before, but it is so far above the liberal brain, they simply can`t process it.  All they know is their buddies that are currently in power want to disarm the people and that`s okay with them, because they get free checks in the mail the 3rd day of each month and free healthcare is in chute #3.  

Also taking guns from law abiding gunowners is a big fat liberal middle finger stuck in the eye of those of us that have voted for Bush and Sarah Palin and Paul Ryan and Mit Romney.  But with guns, the genie is out of the bottle and I thank God for that.

hardnox604008
Advisor

One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter.

Amidst the heightened rhetoric it has already occurred- white supremacist gangs are on the cusp of going mainstream among the volk.