cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: Why abortion is not freedom and prolife is not religion.

@r3020 wrote:

Not about God. It's about human rights and science.

It is about god.  That’s exactly what you are basing you opinion on. But the irony of implying human rights.  Where’s the rights of a frightened 16 year old pregnant teenager? What human right does religion have to control her body or maintain her guilt forevermore? What right does society have to interfere with her best interests? 

Make no mistake.  It’s all about religion and nothing else. 

Senior Contributor

@r3020 wrote:

They want to have sex irresponsibly.  They want abortion for their convenience.

Since you have been stringent about irresponsible sex, to have sex is a natural human right.  Not always beneficial I accept but if parents took advantage of contraception facilities and educated their children to “the evils of the flesh”it might not be so prevalent. It really does start at home.  It’s just it’s always been a taboo subject and they rely on playground giggling to lay the groundwork for “responsibilities”. 

Another problem is the stigma in parents who have a pregnant daughter who’s bump is a genuine reflection of their sex education failure. So, it’s usually religious people, who are against abortion, who make themselves available to those facilities to stop their embarrassment. It’s a very difficult issue for the family. 

Senior Advisor

Read Sam's opening post. Then meditate for a few minutes. It is you who wants to make it about religion. Sam is focused solely on science and basic human rights. If a fetus has no right to live then justify your own existence. Science says you are no different than a fetus.

Senior Contributor

O.J. Jury

speaking of Sally Hemings.

Quite a looker apparently, 3/4 of European descent although she remained enslaved until her death having been inherited by Jefferson through his marriage.

Wikipedia, God Bless its open sourced soul, says that "some disagree" as to the parentage of her children.

DNA is subject to opinion?

Senior Contributor

So your argument would say any one who is against abortion would be against capital punishment and war that is anything more than self defence .

Think they all fit in that category?

Senior Contributor

(So your argument would say any one who is against abortion would be against capital punishment...) 

I would argue that as I am against abortion & against capital punishment, however I also understand the difference between someone that has killed 1 or 10 or 100 people being sentenced to capital punishment; and an unborn baby's heart beat being terminated for no reason; and thus if I had to make a "choice" it would be an easy decision which one would have their heartbeat terminated.   

Senior Contributor

@r3020 wrote:

Read Sam's opening post. Then meditate for a few minutes. It is you who wants to make it about religion. Sam is focused solely on science and basic human rights. If a fetus has no right to live then justify your own existence. Science says you are no different than a fetus.

Thank you for advice. I’ll pass it on as it is surplus to my requirements. 

Regardless of what he said, I am saying that YOU are basing your opposition to abortion on religious grounds and you know it. 

Senior Contributor

Re: O.J. Jury

@ddgfs wrote:

DNA is subject to opinion?

how can irrefutable DNA evidence be subject to opinion? 

Did you think about that before you wrote it? 

Senior Advisor

You are wrong again. That is what you are doing. My position is based on science. Your position denies science.

Senior Advisor

Some one facing capital punishment has been adjudicated in a court of law. An innocent child in the womb has not.