cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardnox
Advisor

Re: Why are you folks so resistant

As far as the Kochs go, refining margins are superb. Not as great at nitrogen, but pretty darn good.

As far as the majority of farmers go it comes down to You Can't Fix Stupid because they're mostly complaining about USDA while the fertilizer and genetics cartels are picking their pockets.

That's actually apretty good analogy if you expand it.

hardnox
Advisor

Memo to all: there is no known substitute for high EROEI oil.

The market will default to low EROEI oil as the easiest choice.

And it would actually create some jobs- drilling crews back to work, pipelines, etc. I suppose that if you follow it logically it would even create more and more as EROEI continued to fall.

An interesting hamster wheel to the graveyard to contemplate.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Wer know this is true because all of the oil companies are going broke.

man of steel
Senior Contributor

@OKdon wrote:

the transition to non fossil fuel useage? Even if you dont believe in climate change, Solar,wind and geothermal offers so much savings over the long pull.. Of course, the new innovations are costly but they are becoming far more efficient over time.

Plus every unit of natural energy produced diminishes the consumption of fossil fuels. So our wind farm or geothermal unit lessens the demand and cost of fossil fuel. You don't have to do it yourselves. Just stop diminishing those that do make the commitment.

the goal should be cost savings and cleaner air. If you choose not to participate, that is ok but at least applaud those that do.

You are either senile or a complete liar? We all have been through this before with you. We do not have a choice to participate. it IS forced on us though taxes

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

On seed, I think these`s changes a comin` on price, DSMs are being scaled back big time.  What happened with $7 corn, we could pay $400/bag, but the seed co.s had to give us value in that bag with worthwhile traits, they had to put up air conditioned tents in August filled with pretty girls and pop and beer to sell it to us. And huge buildings full of guys of Chinese descent looking through microscopes...all that takes money.  Then add to it, the Bigshot that could place a 5,000 unit order would probably get his seed "at cost" the little putt-putt farmer with a 50 bag order really gets reamed on price.  The Bigshot probably laughs and doesn`t see seed as a big expense.

Somewhat the same with fertilizer, there was distribution problems. And it seems the last few years every farmer has turned into "Neal Kinsey" the combine yield monitors have sold alot of drainage tile and alot of fertilizer.  the guy that used to was satisfied putting on #200 of P before corn and the next year putting on #200 of K ahead of beans ..now wasn`t satisfied and started putting on 2 or 3 times that...well the demand doubled at least that takes more applicators more storage more trucks more barges and all that takes money.

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

" Decent looking Chinese "  ???????

LOL WUT ??? Smiley Very Happy

HA HA HA

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

I fixed it with the "s' .  You know believe it or not i am not a good typer, my paws fit a hammer a whole lot better than on a keyboard.  It`s just I got alot to say and I guess I`m a pretty determined fella  Smiley Happy

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

Well,your determination caused an entire thread to be deleted.

OKdon
Senior Contributor

Does it bother you that oil companies have been getting taxpayer largess for several decades? Oh you skipped that little detail!

man of steel
Senior Contributor

Didn't skip anything at all. I just addressed the point of your continued lie misrepresentation.