cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Why are you folks so resistant

How do you "know" that it wasn`t Schurrbart`s personal attack against me saying "rot in hell" that got the thread deleted?  I don`t know what`s the matter with the guy, i`ve never personally attacked him, sometimes he`s like the bad side of a coin.

r3020
Senior Advisor

I'm sure Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi, and Harry Reid ended all of those subsidies.

OKdon
Senior Contributor

Just What misrepresentation did I make?

man of steel
Senior Contributor

I clearly stated it in my first post in this thread.

You must be playing the "senile card" then?

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

You didn't mention it.  Do you not care that we pay subsdies and give tax breaks to companies that turn billions of dollars profit each quarter and we are paying over $2/gal down from $4.50-$5/gal?  If you saw a line item accounting of where your tax dollars go, You would be very unhappy I'm sure.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

I take it you are against govt research or even govt subsidies to private enterprise to study and develop alternative fuels!  How much oil stock do you have? I would much rather send some of my tax dollars to find something to ease our dependence on oil instead of giving the oil companies a bunch of it that they don't need since they show an immense profit each and every quarter!!

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

You attack me every time you say GD liberals, etc, etc!  You call me a slang name for a cat and other such stuff  You take the Lord's name in vain in several posts that you make.  You can get off your "I've never called anyone any names.  They're just picking on me." BS!!!

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

The government is involved in oil subsides. Are you against that?

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

I am unsure where the resistance comes from. They don't want government involved, but government is involved in all sorts of oil subsidies and tax breaks, big time. Government is involved even more if you consider the lobby and special interest money thrown about to both Democratic and Republican campaign coffers. Anyone who would deny this is either a fool or completely ignorant, or both. The future, as it always has been, lies in innovation, science, technology and wise use of our natural resources and working towards creating new ones. The "free market" isn't so free. Large sums of money are regularly spread to stifle innovation and prevent new technology from becoming the norm and the "new thing." Sure, the free market will prevail, but when and how long before that old racehorse, oil, is seen as an old nag and we move onto new sources of power. Our nation once was proud of innovation, but now we want to keep with old power methods and ignore the new ones. If we took the money we gave to oil and spent it on solar, there would be a panel on every roof. Heck, ask NASA about the importance of solar power. They send crafts to the limits of the solar system using it.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Yes.