cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Why are you folks so resistant

And the more power you put in Washington the more the money will flow.

OKdon
Senior Contributor

Re the real truth

• The oil and gas industries have received approximately $446.96 billion in subsidies from the United States, as opposed to just $5.93 billion for renewables, since 1918. In fact, the average annual subsidization of fossil fuels is more than 13x greater than the average annual subsidization of renewable energy, even though fossil fuels have been receiving government support for 70 years longer than renewables have. (DBL Investors, September 2011, http://bit.ly/N9Isin)

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: Re the real truth

There you go again with the facts, Don.  Yoiu know better than that!

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

If you figure all the wars we`ve been in because of oil, it`s well in the Trillions of subsidies.   But oil based energy is differesnt in that we know it works, it has over a 100 year track record.  When you look at just a 1 gallon/ $2 can of gas can propell you and you passengers for 30 miles at 60mph, that`s pretty remarkable when you think about.

Since oil is proven and a barrel can be pumped out of the ground for $50.  The politicans know that this system requires everyone`s belly fully and their home heated, then they`re happy.  Just like farm subsidies insuring cheap food, the oil subsidies were a good bang for the taxpayer`s buck.   I doubt solar and wind will ever be that competitive unless oil goes way up. 

rawhide
Advisor

I thought DK liked for us to pay taxes to help out our fellow man Smiley Happy

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

Your reply was irrelevant to my post. Nothing to say I suppose except your sidestepping remarark? I want to take the power out of Washington by giving it to the people so that the people can guide Washington. Get rid of the lobby and special interest so the people can decide how they want to power the future. As long as special interests power campaigns and parties, you get what the most money can buy and the votes that side with that money.

r3020
Senior Advisor

How does that work with government run health care?