cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Why blame Obama?

http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/09/m-why_blame_obama.html

Conservatives will praise it liberals will cry foul.

11 Replies
Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Re: Why blame Obama?

I read the first one about the tarp.  If they have paid back the money why are you fellows always talking about how TARP cost the taxpayers???

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@schnurrbart wrote:

I read the first one about the tarp.  If they have paid back the money why are you fellows always talking about how TARP cost the taxpayers???

If they paid back TARP where did the money go? Why do we still have trillion dollar deficits?

TARP was not only about the money, TARP was about the government picking winners and losers.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Tarp was about choosing fewer losers. If we had a total collapse of the financial system there would have been a full blown depression. While rich guys like you and Romney may have made out like bandits, multi millions would have been driven into total financial dispair.

Like saying the salk vaccine costs too much while millions of people avoided the scourge of infantile paralysis.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

I wish these guys could name ONE country, the size of the United States, doing as well as we are?

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

@kraft-t wrote:

Tarp was about choosing fewer losers. If we had a total collapse of the financial system there would have been a full blown depression. While rich guys like you and Romney may have made out like bandits, multi millions would have been driven into total financial dispair.

Like saying the salk vaccine costs too much while millions of people avoided the scourge of infantile paralysis.

Without TARP the Hamptons would have been for sale for pennies on the dollar. TARP bailed them out, for the other multi million all it did was kick the can down the road and allow the federal reserve to bleed them slowly.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: you mean like solyndra

GOTCHA !!!! i love it

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: you mean like the

500k spent on obalmos campaign

Highlighted
Advisor

The Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) is a program of the United States government to purchase assets and equity from financial institutions to strengthen its financial sector that was signed into law by U.S. President George W. Bush on October 3, 2008. It was a component of the government's measures in 2008 to address the subprime mortgage crisis.   from wiki

Highlighted
Advisor

And the banks paid it back is bs. How much MBS is on the books at the fed?  Just moving the debt from one pocket to the other, and it allowed them to keep tarp as a slush fund.