cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: False Dichotomy, Knapper.

How many times have you had to defend your life or your family's?  How about your friends and neighbors?  Any of them had to  shoot it out with the brown hoards?  You're a phoney!  You've bought into the number 2 crisis in the gop playbook--number 1 is 20's pet!  That's how they keep you boys fired up

man of steel
Senior Contributor

@schnurrbart wrote:

How many times have you had to defend your life or your family's? 

Twice

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Sorry, but I don't believe you!

Democratforlife
Senior Contributor

Once, but you won't believe this either. So, why did you ask?

r3020
Senior Advisor

@schnurrbart wrote:

How many times have you had to defend your life or your family's?  How about your friends and neighbors?  Any of them had to  shoot it out with the brown hoards?  You're a phoney!  You've bought into the number 2 crisis in the gop playbook--number 1 is 20's pet!  That's how they keep you boys fired up

I need my once but didn't have it. Holstein bull. If my son hadn't been there I'd be dead. How about you Bart. Have you ever stared death in the face?

Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

@schnurrbart wrote:

When I was about 6 years old, an escapee from the Warren County jail went down the train tracks and ended up at our farm. My Dad had a 12 gauge shotgun in his hands, opened up the upstairs window, told the escapee to drop to the ground or he'd blow his head off. Mom called the sheriff's office and they came, cuffed him and took him back to jail. 

If we had not been armed, the escapee would have entered our farmhouse. He had a "Saturday Night Special" that a friend of his had planted somewhere for him. 

No one ever knows when they will need to use deadly force to preserve their life and property. 

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

Wow, and he didn't need an AR15 or a Bushmaster and two 30 rounds clips to do that? You mean one shotgun is sufficient to defend a family? Sounds like a good plan to me.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@KNAPPer wrote:

Wow, and he didn't need an AR15 or a Bushmaster and two 30 rounds clips to do that? You mean one shotgun is sufficient to defend a family? Sounds like a good plan to me.

So then are you for the outright ban of ar15s? What about confiscation of those already sold?

Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

@KNAPPer wrote:

A fully loaded 12 gauge shotgun, with #4 buckshot magnum shells, will out perform any AR-15 (jam-o-matic) in a close-up situation. 

In fact, there is a (not legal) shotgun called a "street sweeper" that has a 200 round magazine. 

I'm surprised that the terrorists haven't figured that out, yet. Here is a pic of one:

image.jpeg

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

I think my point went over your head Craig. Any shotgun is sufficent for self or family defense and you don't need that one you showed. You don't need some freaking fake military rifle.