Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: what about gov

what do they produce and education --every pol says it is a shambles

Senior Contributor

Re: what about gov

Are you drinking or are you always this incoherent??man do you even look at your posts before you hit the post button...my small child has better skills than you...

Senior Contributor

Re: so i put you on the run AGAIN

again --where is your debate skill --if you cant then put your kids on ---nah they are your breeding probably just a s dumb ---i love this game -p--now what about gov ???? too simple or not

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Why do I support wage increases

You’re sentiments do you credit, kraft-t

I’m not really for a minimum wage.  Maybe I want to get a job at a training type wage or maybe I want an easy job when I’m 75 years old.  If min wage is $10 then no one may want to take a trainee or they might make me work my tail off at the job when I’m 75.  Don’t want the gov’t preventing these kinds of “creative” work arrangements.

I’m not a total free market guy though.  The real wage for the average working person has barely increased for a few decades.  I don’t have much sympathy for a low performer but when the AVERAGE worker hasn’t prospered when so much wealth has been created we have a problem.  

Instead of min wage laws though, I would rather see an expansion of low income tax credits. 

There are some people in society that fall under this description…..”a world full of them would be unworkable but a world with none of them would be unlivable”.   I don’t mind helping people who may not make much money but might do other things that make the world better.  

Advisor

" Cost of production has little influence on price."

You were in a government subsidized commodity business for too long.  You haven't a clue about the real world.   Prices below cost of production will soon mean higher prices.  Only a subsidized farmer keeps producing with no profit.  

Advisor

But to your overall point, I'd like people to make as much as possible, but I'm not going to tell another person what they have to pay labor or yet another how much they can work for.  That's between those other individuals and its not my business to get involved in their lives.  You see Don that's why I said you were lying when you said you didn't want to run my life, because you've proved again you do.

Senior Contributor

Re: i knew you would know

a lot about the people you describe after all you live with one --GOTCHA now debate the point or shut up

Senior Contributor

Re: Productivity is up...

I know...Im just having fun with a schmuck to see what might come out next..."a ignorant spewing colostomy bag" comes to mind...ROFLMAO...Have a Great day Great One

Senior Contributor

@kraft-t wrote:

Typical rightie reaction. Limbaughs famous $100 per hour line when nobody is proposing even $10 per hour.

The same tactic is used in the gay marriage debate. Next people will want to marry their animals. Going to the extreme as a rebuttal against a reasonable objective.

That doesn't make you appear intelligent.

I am demonstrably intelligent.  Item one, what's the difference between a single jump to $100/hr and 10 sequential jumps over 20 years (which you know will happen) to reach that same figure?  Item two, anyone with children knows that if you give an inch they will take a yard.  Pedophiles will in time be demanding to marry their child brides. This is not paranoia, it is parallel reporting from history.

Senior Contributor

@schnurrbart wrote:

Do you really think that the places that actually pay the minimum wage--Micky Ds, BK, etc would pay more if there was NO minimum wage?

They would offer Ѕhit wages, get Ѕhit people, produce Ѕhit product which people refuse to buy, then promptly go out of business -- to be replaced by those who offered higher wages.

@schnurrbart wrote:

If it weren't for unions, working conditions would be terrible and wages would be much lower.

If there were no unions, more people would have jobs.  Here is a non-union Ford factory in Brazil where the workers operate as private contractors on the floor and are happy and prosperous self-employed entrepreneurs.  Ford tried to build this factory in the USA but the Unions would not allow it.