Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Productivity is up...

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Why do I support wage increases

@kraft-t wrote:

Listen young fellow, I've been doing business for decades before you were a twinkle i  your daddy's eye. I have probably forgot more about business than you ever knew.

Age does not beget intelligence, nor must it wisdom.  Common sense tells us that if we really help out the poor, by raising the minimum wage up to $100 per hour, a hamburger would necessarily be priced around $40.  Common sense tells us this.  Do you have any?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: minumum wages starve people

@lpman wrote:

what happens to prices when wages  go up --so people at the bottom of the ladder cant buy food or other needs --but starving people has been a staple of demorat theory for years --come on adult libs please try me

A wage-price spiral benefits people the same as making everyone's boots equally thicker, makes everyone taller.  Who gets hurt in an inflationary price spiral?  Responsible people who saved money -- as saved money loses buying power far faster than the interest it earns.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Productivity increased as people were replaced with machines and computers.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

The Huffington Post is an unabashed liberal website.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Yet you demonstrably have no idea how business and economies work -- actually LOWERING the rate or doing away with a minimum wage all together would actually improve matters greatly.

Of course it would you idiot but in the interim all those who had their wages cut would do the suffering for the big guys to increase profits to make them richer.  How can takiang someone's wages off them make their life better?  How can reducing it make it better?

Why is it you repigs all feel you have some right to be a custodian of all things financial.? It is like you have this birth right to control working classes. 

It matters nothing what any influential figure on the right side of politics says about how the country should be run.  Every one of them want to starve the poor into submission, sack all the government workers and cut government spending on capital projects.  That has been tried many times in the rest of the world and it didn't work them and will not work in the US.  Don is totally correct and you can follow his advise through history.

When the great depression hit  FDR (I think) didn't stop spending, he borrowed money to employ people who were starving, which in turn put money in their pockets, (as don said), they spent it which then came into the hands of business.  Where do you think that would have ended if they had nothing to spend, you idiot.  His forsight was praised all over the world except from those who could not rort the system.

It is you who does not know how an economy works, not Don.  You are a proud capitalist and don't care how you get money but it is best if you can rip everyone off getting it.  And then you go to church and pray for forgiveness, hypocrit.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

and what would that have to do with stats from the bureau of labor statistics?...dont forget that greed is the achilles heal of capitalism...

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Typical rightie reaction. Limbaughs famous $100 per hour line when nobody is proposing even $10 per hour.

The same tactic is used in the gay marriage debate. Next people will want to marry their animals. Going to the extreme as a rebuttal against a reasonable objective.

That doesn't make you appear intelligent.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Do you really think that the places that actually pay the minimum wage--Micky Ds, BK, etc would pay more if there was NO minimum wage?  I think they would pay less and businesses would all pay less that they do now.  Just like unions.  If it weren't for unions, working conditions would be terrible and wages would be much lower.  I've been in both situations and my wife worked in a non-union shop for years.  Medicare is NOT a mandate but the paying into it is.  You don't have to sign up for SS or Medicare and you don't have to collect it.  "for what blacks CAN do?"  You're letting your roots show a little there bro!!

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Uni, your arguing with irrational, stupid people, with the IQ of an earthworm. No matter how hard you try, they are going to stick with what suits them, reality has no place in their thought process