cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Why in 5000 feet?

Has the question ever been asked, why was BP drilling for oil in 5000 feet of water? Why not in 500 feet?

9 Replies
Senior Advisor

Re: Why in 5000 feet?

Racist!

Senior Contributor

I am a racist for asking?

Senior Contributor

That question has been asked many times.  One answer is that oil companies have been denied drilling access to many easier, safer areas to get to.  The other answer is maybe that's where the oil is.

Senior Contributor

Yes you are a racist for asking.  You hate Obama.

Senior Contributor

I hate no one.

Senior Contributor

I thought they have been telling us they can directionally bore now so they could put the wells all close together so they don't ruin as much landscape.  That is their story for Antartica or Alaska or wherever it is they want to keep drilling.

Senior Advisor

racist

Neither do I, but have been labeled a bagger racist because I question the wisdom of the Obama health care take over. Just thought I would save the libs the embarrassment of trying to answer your question. The answer of course, is 5,000 feet of water is where the environmentalist have given their permission to drill.

Now I have a question. Why is it when President Obama was talking about ending our dependence on oil did we not hear two simple words?

1) nuclear

2) coal

Veteran Advisor

What a couple of idiotic morons!

Senior Contributor

A man was driving down the road and ran out of gas. Just at that moment, a bee flew in his window.

The bee said, 'What seems to be the problem?'

'I'm out of gas,' the man replied.

The bee told the man to wait right there and flew away. Minutes later, the man watched as an entire swarm of bees flew to his car and into his gas tank. After a few minutes, the bees flew out.

'Try it now,' said one bee.

The man turned the ignition key and the car started right up. 'Wow!' the man exclaimed, 'what did you put in my gas tank'?

The bee saidf

B P