cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

Re: Why is it?

@schnurrbart wrote:
......when the next president hoes .....

Stop picking on hillary. 

r3020
Senior Advisor

@schnurrbart wrote:
Hey all you rightie morons, do you still think the president negotiated this deal with Iran all by himself?? What about the other four countries? So when the next president hoes to kill this deal, they will just just go home.

He did so without the approval of congress. Do we now allow other countries to set our foreign policy? What he negotiate is suppose to be approved or turned down in the US congress. At least that is how it used to be.

Veteran Advisor

Re: Re:IT IS NOT A TREATY!!

"It depends on what the meaning of is, is."

image.jpg

OKdon
Senior Contributor

YAWN. YOU REALLY NEED SOME NEW MATERIAL OR MOVE TO ANOTHER SITE.

Veteran Advisor

Gotcha!

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

3020 - I'm not sure if Congress has actually relinquished their authority. I think that right now, they don't want their votes and their names associated with the current negotiations, so they sit back and let Obama either take the credit if it comes out good or suffer the consequences if it comes out bad. As for the UN, they are mainly symbolic. When has the UN ever turned the tide on anything?

I think Congress can step up any time they have the desire. I think that now, they just want to wash their hands rather than suffer blame. Look what happened to those who chose to support the invasion of Iraq. They don't like the Missle East mess and doing nothing is just fine with them and they still get to talk the talk without walking the walk. - Just my opinion.