Did you mean: 
Democratforlife
Senior Contributor

Why not every school?

24 Replies
schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: Why not every school?

No one, not even Obama, has tried to stop any school from having armed guards. This guy is a total lying POS and you aren't far behind.
Democratforlife
Senior Contributor

I asked the question. Why so defensive? You afraid it might work? I know it will work. Grow up.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

The PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA's daughter's? Moron.

Taylor ECIL
Senior Contributor

clinton proposed the same thing.

GreaTOne_65
Senior Contributor

Worked really good at Colombine, and Virginia, didn't it? Why don't we just for go all this stupid gun control sh!t, slap iron on our hips, and take it back the old wild west!

I've got a news flash for ya', pal. All more guns are going to do is kill more people, that, you can take to the bank!

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

I guess you only read the headline.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@GreaTOne_65 wrote:

Worked really good at Colombine, and Virginia, didn't it? Why don't we just for go all this stupid gun control sh!t, slap iron on our hips, and take it back the old wild west!

I've got a news flash for ya', pal. All more guns are going to do is kill more people, that, you can take to the bank!

snip-

Yes, there was, and it was the guard's presence and the resistance he and  others offered that kept the carnage less than it might have been.

On April 20, 1999, Neil Gardner, an armed sheriff's deputy who had been  policing the school for almost two years, was eating lunch when Eric Harris and  Dylan Klebold arrived at Columbine with their deadly arsenal and deadlier  intentions.

Gardner said he got a call from a custodian that he was needed in the  school's back parking lot. A few minutes later, he encountered Harris, and the  two exchanged gunfire. The exchange with Harris lasted for an extended period of  time, during which Harris' gun jammed.

The deputy and the backup he immediately called for exchanged fire with the  shooters a second time and helped begin the evacuation of students, all before  SWAT teams arrived, and before Harris and Klebold eventually killed themselves  in the library.

Harris and Klebold also carried improvised explosive devices, some that  detonated, others that didn't. One thing is certain — the armed resistance of  Gardner and his backup bought time and saved lives.

Read More At IBD:  http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/122412-638251-armed-school-guard-at-columbine-saved-lives.h...

johnaa
Advisor

Get real, stop with the bleating and squawking already

At the present moment putting armed guards in schools, one point entrances, etc., is most likely the best solution.  The copy-cats have already been encourage by the media hype.

If you have a better idea of what can be practically done NOW, please share it with us.

Bugeye
Senior Contributor

Re: Get real, stop with the bleating and squawking already

Having armed guards will most likely stop school shootings. Just the knowledge that anyone in the school is armed will most likely stop school shootings. Then what? Armed guards in the grocery stores? Armed guards in the Walmarts ? OK that probably won't matter at Walmart since they have guns. Where do you start and where do stop? Point is, this sort of thing will happen regardless of what you do. If anybody thinks doing away with guns will fix the problem needs to read up on a guy named Timothy McVey. When you're done with that read about what happened on 9-11-2001 with people armed with box cutters. If people are motivated enough to kill they're going to find a way to kill and there's not a **bleep** thing any of us can do about it.