cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Re: Get real, stop with the bleating and squawking already

I spent a couple of weeks a few years ago in a foreign city where every public place had an armed security guard at the entry point of the building and everyone was frisked going in and out, and purses were checked. You get used to it, and it does stop the casual crazy. Probably stops a lot of shop lifting at the mall stores, too. And half of the guards were female and half male, and none were really ugly so the frisking wasn't all that bad, either.

Seriously, I think we need to address copycat violence by not sensationalizing these incidents and really giving the nuts the glory they crave going out. Why even publish their names? Make them anonymous nut cases that get cremated and never talked about again. Non-entities.

man of steel
Senior Contributor

Na red! Put a name tag on their rotting bodies on public display

ihmarty543282
Senior Contributor

Re: Why not every school?

Speaking of banks. Most have some type of armed security.............. So you are saying your money is more valuable than your grandchildren?

bruce MN
Advisor

Good points all around.  Very many schools already have armed guards and have had for a long itme.  Checked with my daughter who has taught for 10 years in a Mpls. public high school and she says they've had them since she started there.

There weren't armed guards at Newtown because the subjective deetermination had obsiously been made that there wasn't a "significant demographicly based threat".  Had there been there would have been. 

As you say, the target will just keep moving.  Those who are thus crazed will find a realease point somewhere,.

Best Twitter quote I've seenis someone who said that he didn't recall a cryout for every black teanager to be armed in order to protect himself or be provided with a bodyguard after Travon Martin was killed.

hardnox604008
Advisor

After Trayvon

it is clear that all black teenage males should carry guns.

man of steel
Senior Contributor

They don't???

Then he would have been able to shoot Zimmerman ...in the back....from the bushes....in self-defense

kraft-t
Senior Advisor

What is amazing is that these fellows

Pee and moan about all the money wasted in the public school system but the thought of putting armed guards in the schools is rattified by gun lovers every where no matter what it costs.

Any expense is reasonable as long as they are able to continue their romance and affair with firearms.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: What is amazing is that these fellows

@kraft-t wrote:

Pee and moan about all the money wasted in the public school system but the thought of putting armed guards in the schools is rattified by gun lovers every where no matter what it costs.

Any expense is reasonable as long as they are able to continue their romance and affair with firearms.

We don't need armed guards, just arm the teachers and administrators.

Democratforlife
Senior Contributor

Would you make up your mind, please? Do you want kids safe or not? Why do you hate kids so much?

Samnospam
Advisor

I wouldn't force them (teachers and administrators), but allow them. If you require people be disarmed, in a gun free zone, you should be liable for their protection.