cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardnox
Advisor

Why now?

The interest in the July 10th 2001 CIA briefing where the director pounded the table over imminent attacks.

It isn't like it is news for anyone who isn't on a three drug cocktail of prozac, zanax and ambien.

Oh wait, that's most the people who vote.

But again, why slap them and stick it in their faces now?

4 Replies
hardnox
Advisor

Re: Why now?

I'll answer my question.

I think the PTB is giving up on the Bushes and the GOP base now regards them as RINOs who failed spectacularly for having been insufficiently doctrinaire in their conservatism.

So do a little Modified Limited Hangout action, pin it on GWB who you've disowned and move on.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

IMO Jeb (or a Jeb clone)will still pull it off. Trump is the highest at 45%...but as the Jindals, Huckabees, Kaischs, Fiorinas run out of money and drop out that support will go to a establishment candidate.  With Trump, you either love him or hate him and those of us that love him are already with him.  A Chris Christie supporter would never support Trump, but could conceivably support Jeb. 

Jeb has the $100 million warchest and as long as his contributors don`t abandon him, he has the money to go the distance. The press will take off their kid gloves and really go after Trump if he ever becomes a real threat.  Right now, all Trump is doing is squashing every candidate but the establishment candidates that are playing opposum.  Like taking antibiotics, it kills the "bad bugs" and the "good bacteria" as well. Theoretically when the undisirables are gone, then Jeb can eat yogurt and rebuild.  Make no mistake the establishment hasn`t given up, there is no way they let Trump become president.

hardnox
Advisor

I would tend to agree, the problem is that after a couple decades of regularly driving "the base" crazy on a regular basis. whaddya know, they really are.

The falcon is out of range of the falconer.

Wouldn't rule out extreme measures, though.

But still pretty much certain it isn't Jeb. Like Hillary in 2008, the memories are just too fresh to sell it. Makes peoples' bowels cramp up.

I'd bet on Romney as a last minute reconciliation candidate ahead of Jeb although that will only happen if the Bum of the Month Club rolls craps. Which could happen.

Romney can beat Hillary but not Sanders although the fix appears to be in on that side.

Hillary probably can beat Trump, Rubio, Cruz.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

It very well could go to a brokered convention on the GOP side.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brokered_convention  

When you are talking about the "crazy base" i bet you exclusively mean the Republicans?  Smiley Happy 

Well it`s actually the Democrats that have become more polarized to be honest about it.  Tipper Gore used to be a pro-life VP`s wife, Senator Sam Nunn was pro-defense, Rep John Dingall was NRA board member.  Tip O`Neil and Reagan both seemed to have the interest of the country in mind.  But there is no longer any room for conservative Democrats.  Most Republicans are the same as the party always was, while the Democrats have moved on and become more polarized.  Democrats do not reflect the same morals as those that voted for JFK  or even Jimmy Carter....or even the facade that Bill Clinton portrayed.