cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Why raising taxes won't help

There's too much of this going on. The peasants can never pay enough to satisfy the elite.

snip-

Whenever you hear our dear politicians in Washington DC say there’s nothing more to cut or that they’re just like us, let me give you a friendly reminder. As Breitbart reported after his jail sentencing, convicted ex-congressman Jesse Jackson Jr. (D-IL) receives $8,700 per month in government disability pay, as well as a partial federal pension of $45,000.

That generous $8,700 in disability comes thanks to Jackson’s sudden development of a “mood disorder” as the federal government began looking to indict him. Jackson, who was sentenced to 2.5 years in prison, had no history of mental illness during his prior 17 years in Congress.

http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/05/03/allen-west-convict-jackson-jr-gets-87k-month-disability-%E2%80%...

15 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: Why raising taxes won't help

Can't vouch for Jackson, but I think spending a few years in Congress, would cause me mental problems  Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

More lunacy. Money is easy to spend when it is first earned by another.

snip-

Ranking Member of the Senate Budget Committee Jeff Sessions (R., Ala.) sent a letter obtained exclusively by the Free Beacon to Acting Commissioner of the Social Security Administration Carolyn Colvin on Thursday, raising concerns regarding revelations that individuals who cannot speak English are fast-tracked for disability approval.

“I write to express my concerns about the expanding number of individuals now qualified for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI), and to raise a specific issue, the basis for many of these individuals’ disability classification, where the inability to speak English is a determinative factor,” Sessions said.

Sessions revealed a policy for SSDI payments that allows individuals to qualify for benefits more quickly if “they are incapable of communicating in English.”

http://freebeacon.com/politics/wfbs-liz-harrington-discusses-story-on-non-english-speakers-getting-f...

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Hingbal yebberdy giblish dinker doo Ums bourg borg derms borg um bork bork bork

(where's my check?)

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

You, west or foxnews? Which is dumber? JJ Jr gets $87,000/month in govt disability payments??? Give us a break! Story says $8700!
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

The fraud is worse

Not only in the millions that are swindled, but it takes away resources from the truly needy, and gives it to the crooked and greedy instead.  If I had my way, these scumbags would pay it back triple, even if it meant selling out everything they have, and busting rocks in a debtors prison:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3109594/posts

More than a hundred people were indicted today for fraudulently obtaining Social Security disability benefits, constituting one of the biggest such fraud busts of all time.

-snip-

SSDI is supposed to be given only to those whose physical or mental ailments are so severe that they are incapable of performing any work whatsoever. Yet according to the indictment, some of those accused of fraud held jobs even as they collected Social Security disability payments; for example, one allegedly worked as a mixed-martial-arts instructor, and another piloted helicopters.

Photos and other evidence presented by the District Attorney’s office appeared to show defendants engaging in rigorous activities, including riding a motorcycle, training for a marathon, golfing, riding a jetski, and hauling in an enormous catch while deep-sea fishing.

-snip-

Once a claimant was awarded disability, the SSA would pay Lavallee $6,000 for legal representation. Those who had succeeded in receiving disability were allegedly expected to give a cash kickback to Lavallee, Hale, Esposito, and Minerva.

Esposito even allegedly instructed them on how to withdraw cash without triggering alerts for suspicious activity. The district attorney’s office has estimated that the four men running the scheme together received between $20,000 and $50,000 in cash payments for each person they helped fraudulently receive disability.

-snip-

(Husker here, Esposito is the alleged mastermind of the scam, or at least one of them.  Think about it, over 100 scammers, each paying some crook $20-50k, to help get the scams to work, is from $2,000,000-$5,000,000, just to that one crook!)

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

One might conclude that Jesse jackson Jr may well be suffering from severe depression. Bett you never consiedered that cause all that concerns you is your pocket book an d other peoples sins.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: The fraud is worse

Would you pay for auditors to examine all the claims that come to SS or would that be your choice for budget cuts? You see your party doesn't like examiners intruding into business areas. How many fruadulent claims go into medicare or medicaid/ Do you think those same physicians and clinics try to defraud private insurance companies as well?

There is fraud every where in our capitalist society. Because of the volume much of it is unexposed.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Liberals love fraud........It`s a way of life.........and the only way to get elected.

Highlighted
Advisor

I think auditors are a good idea. The only problem is the govt. would put someone like Kathleen Sebelious in charge.