cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r3020
Senior Advisor

Why science matters

Progressive politicians are going to force us to pay for this crap. They deny science and then force compliance.

"Health care is a right, not a privilege, and I’m committed to ensuring our LGBTQ community and all Illinoisans have access to that right," Gov. J.B. Pritzker (D-Ill.) said in a statement in April.

"Expanding Medicaid to cover gender affirming surgeries is cost effective, helps avoid long-term health consequences, and most importantly is the right thing to do. With continued attacks coming from Washington, this administration will always stand with our transgender community and their right to lead safe and healthy lives."

Almost everything in this statement was dead wrong. Health care should not be considered a "right," because it involves the hard work of doctors and nurses, who deserved to be compensated for their work. Perhaps most importantly, however, the idea that "gender-affirming" surgeries help "avoid long-term health consquences" is false, as is the idea that covering these surgeries is necessarily "the right thing to do."

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/illinois-becomes-20th-state-force-taxpayers-foot-bill-transgender-s...

13 Replies
Samthehumble
Senior Contributor

Re: Why science matters

I tell my kids that societies sometimes go though manias where large groups of people are consumed with things that make no rational sense but that sweep through and become a very popular trend.   The early 1800s had tent revivals with mass trances, later there were shakers , and then the Chautauqua thing.   This absurdity about gender I would throw in that wagon.   At least I would hope.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Although the dominant mania of the moment- AGW denialism- is funded by a $B or so of annual oligarch funding.

Some tiny bit of which I have to suspect finds its way into Turdy's pocket. I can't imagine anyone being so committed to prevarication and bad faith otherwise. After all, astroturfing is one of their favored tactics.

But there's a lot of weirdness in the human condition, so who knows?

r3020
Senior Advisor

Weirdness is funding to help menstruating men. Your science is corrupt and meaningless. Your science is about bringing an end to capitalism.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

If the Crooked Koch Bros., Robert Murray, Joe Craft (another miner killing coal baron and husband to "our" Ambassador to Canada) are capitalism, yes.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Your science says men menstruate, the arctic would have have ice free summer by 2013 and Glacier national park would have no more glaciers by 2020. One Koch brother is dead but the other supports your position of no border to keep labor cheap. You are now a supporter of the evil Koch empire. You and Koch in the same bed. Probably reading the latest science review.

Samthehumble
Senior Contributor

@sdholloway56 wrote:

Although the dominant mania of the moment- AGW denialism- is funded by a $B or so of annual oligarch funding.

Some tiny bit of which I have to suspect finds its way into Turdy's pocket. I can't imagine anyone being so committed to prevarication and bad faith otherwise. After all, astroturfing is one of their favored tactics.

But there's a lot of weirdness in the human condition, so who knows?

I tend to put anything regarding mass fatalism and apocalypses into the mania category.    The charlatanism surrounding the climate change death cult should be a tip off, with its leaders trying to cash in.   Buy absolution with carbon credits.    Really is like a tent revival except in this cult no one is really willing to do anything.     Its all "the world is going to end and we'll all die unless we give up our suv's but I'm not giving mine up unless that other guy does".  

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Gonna have to get me one of them large square balers to handle all the straw men.

BTW, it would be folly for me to explain my views on the various gender and sexuality issues.

But I am like the American public at large- views are shifting to the left on every single issue where the Deadenders have staked a line in the sand.

Packard27
Senior Contributor

Sam,

I am reminded of Charles Mackay’s book, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds (1841) . It’s an oldie, but historical goodie that reminds us all that P.T. Barnum was right about suckers being born every minute. 

And, not to be too much of an opportunist, but if panicky people feel better about themselves for having organic foods, more windmills, electric cars, Jack Daniels whiskey, slavery reparations, legal marijuana, “free” healthcare, subsidized trips to either DisneyWorld or Las Vegas...and are willing to pay for these things, then prudent investors are always ready to give the crowds what they crave the most. It is what capitalism is all about.

Oh, and God bless America too! Is this a great country or what?

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Sorta like the #### Your Feelings crowd, who pretend that the other side is driven by emotion while denying the fact that they're absolutely saturated with fear and resentment.

Empathy and generosity are actually better for you. 

There's some element of that underlying the American Carnage and deaths of despair. If Rush and FOX went off the air the trend might at least stabilize.