cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Why the exemptions to those who supported the law?

Your comfortable with the government dictating what is acceptable profit margins?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Depends what you ae talking about 3020. If you mean specifically for health insurance, yes, I am fine with the government forcing the health care insurance industry to cover all Americans, drop pre-existing condition clauses, dropping lifetime caps and most the other stuff. I would be for doing away with health insurance all together and giving it for *free to all Americnas.What can I say? I'm just a darn bleeding heart liberal and if it takes the government stepping in to get everyone health care, I'm for it unless someone has a better plan with the same results.

If you are talking about other businesses being dictated a profit margin by the governemnt, I'd have to disfavor that.

* of course, nothing is free. Taxes would have to pay for it.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

If the government can dictate the profit on an insurance policy they can do the same on a bushel of corn.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

They could do almost anything, but would "they?" Remind me, I forget...who controls the House of Representatives? Is there a super majority in the Senate? Regardless, I don't think anyone is seriously trying to undermine farmers or the general commerce of this nation. I realize it is your God-sworn duty to take any issue and push it to its darkest, most clamatious conclusion, but realistically, health care is a different matter. If a person does not have their health, what is life? Government has made no effort to dictate gasoline prices, though there have been calls for that. I think "government" is not the evil dictator you presume. By the way, let me know and I'll be glad to send you a bunch of incandescent light bulbs and a five gallon toilet so you can be happy into the reasonable future.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: or even simpler

al lthese groups know obamos healthscare is useless and does  more to harm than cure --or even simpler these are all donor groups and obamo is making sure they are not harmed by the stupid bill --payback --chitown mob style  --how about this crafty

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

What good is free health care if you do not have a car to get to the doctors office? What good is free health care if after you leave the doctor's office you have to live in a cardboard box? What good is free health care if you can not afford to buy food? If health care is free why not college? Force colleges to make education affordable for everyone.

Now back to the original topic of the thread, why do some groups not have to live by the same rules as others? If McDonalds don't have to meet the requirements of Obama care then why should any other restaurant have to?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@r3020 wrote:

What good is free health care if you do not have a car to get to the doctors office? What good is free health care if after you leave the doctor's office you have to live in a cardboard box? What good is free health care if you can not afford to buy food? If health care is free why not college? Force colleges to make education affordable for everyone.

Now back to the original topic of the thread, why do some groups not have to live by the same rules as others? If McDonalds don't have to meet the requirements of Obama care then why should any other restaurant have to?

Under the table money. Corruption at its finest

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

First, I note that you ask many questions, yet addressed none of mine.

That aside, I am not sure what you are asking to begin with. Are you saying that taxes would be so high that people will not be able to afford cars, houses, food, college, etc? Is that realistic? Affordable health care does not have to mean those things. I would bet it means none of those things. Why do you feel that what you call "Obamacare" will lead to this? Seriously. People are already having to make these choices under our current system, or did you know?

As for the second half of your post, have you considered that those that are exempted may already be meeting the standards? Perhaps they are close to the standards? I admit, if that is true, why be exempt? Questions need answers. I want to know. You want to know. There should be answers. What does the exemption mean?

I would suggest this. You always looks at the most pessimistic, worst case scenario. Is that a valid way to go through life? Is that good for you? Why not try and look for what is realistic? Why not try and consider what the legislation will mean and what the results will actually be rather than living in fear? You trust no one. That may be valid, but may not be valid. I think you are looking for conservative Republicans to come forward and somehow save you, but, considering your distrust in government, if you got all that you want, would things really be so different? Will corporate tax cuts, trade agreements, deregulation, healthcare repeal and the curent Republican same old thing really get you what you desire, or are you simply a lone wolf with no one representing you or your ideas?

Have a great Memorial day. Blessings and personal best wishes - Ben

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

What I am saying why should the government only provide health care. Health care is worthless without the other things I mentioned. We all know the government can not provide all the needs of the citizens, if it could there would be no need for anyone to work. We truly have an education crisis in this country. The cost of a college education is much more ridiculous than the cost of health care. Do I believe the government has the answers to these problems, of course not. The more the government becomes involved the worse the problems become.

This debate is not about me, it is about what is good for America. I say government run health care is not. It gives politicians too much control over our lives. The way to bring down the price of health care while maintaining quality is to be found in the free market. It is not a perfect system but it is the best system.

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

If the free market was the solution, why then do we have a problem with health care?

You complain about exemptions but yet you want everyone to be exempt. Make up you mind sir!

I wpould add that I am on medicare a government paid service. Government has no more control of my life than yours. Explain what you mean about too much government control?