Thank you. I gave up.
AllenJwi
Senior Contributor

Re: Why we have an electoral college, for Dummys

needs to read this post.

Packard27
Senior Contributor

Well, you could always submit a constitutional amendment repealing the electoral college. After that it would just be a simple matter of waiting for 28 of the smallest 40 states to vote against their own self interest and join the 10 largest states in support of giving even more power (i.e. 3/4 of states ratification requirement) to the likes of California, New York, Florida, Texas, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Ohio, Massachusetts, etc.)

Yessiree...shouldn''t take more than a snap to make that happen. I am guessing Iowa, the two Dakotas, Idaho, Mississippi, West Virginia, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Nebraska, Utah, Arkansas, Rhode Island, Alabama, Maine, Wyoming and a few select other small states would be just standing in line to be the first to ratify that amendment.

["He had the calm cool demeanor of a God fearing Christian holding four aces." ---Mark Twain]

You say you want to get rid of the electoral college? Great...let's vote. BTW: Could someone please tell me what's the limit again and exactly how many bumps are allowed in this here game you boys are playing?

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Well guys, Canuck doesn`t want to understand, you`d make more headway talking to a fencepost frozen in the ground out in the back of the field.  He is a disrupter, that has had a ax to grind every since his ancestors were forced out of the colonies and into the barren tundra of Canada.  He doesn`t like our system of government and wants it gone...I don`t get it, I always thought "living well is the best revenge" but some are destroyers.

But anyway, this short video explains exactly why the Founding Fathers put in an electoral college into the Constitution.  See, Monday morning quarterbacking, Hillary took for granted Wisconsin, Michigan, Pensylvania.   Bill Clinton warned her campaign, but they were too busy in the urban areas with Jay Z and Katey Perry putting on concerts, she did win the popular vote by 1 million BUT she didn`t ask enough of the country to vote for her...and they wisely didn`t.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6s7jB6-GoU

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

BA; you not of what you speak.

We learned about your system when we were in school in what was called Social Studies when I was in school.

It was pointed out to us how your electral college worked.

Did y learn about the Parliamentary system?

Each has its good and bad points.

But why are you all so upset that I point out the Clinton got more votes across the country and Trump got the prize?

Do you feel guilty about your system which according to your new leader is rigged?

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Absolutely not, Canuck.  this form of government (repressentative democracy) was set up to protect the rights of the minority.  If you watched the informative video, it explains that pure democracy is "mob rule" like 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what`s for supper.    Oh you still won`t get it, you being a "wolf", but let me explain it this way.

When activist judges declared gay marriage a "right", many of us asked "Why not put gay marriage on the ballot?" well, we knew it wouldn`t pass and the left knew it wouldn`t pass...let`s not be stupid here.  But, liberals would argue "You can`t put minority rights on a ballot"....well????  hello??  Those that argued that are now arguing the doing away with the eletoral college because it doesn`t always coincide with the popular vote.

If an election was based solely on a popular vote, the flyover states would have no say in the election of president...yet that president would have alot of say in the direction of their state.  But it`s already moving in that direction California and Illinois will never vote republican again due to demographics. 

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

So many things in yourpost that you obviously do not see or understand.

Leaves me chuckling as I read it and see between the lines.

But lets just go with your claim that some areas will always vote for one party because of demographics.

Right there you are saying that there are different groups that are segregated and so will only support a party not ideas, plans, and good leaders.

It is 'those others' mentality fed to you by some of your leaders, that fear of some group(s) that are 'different' and therfore should not have the same rights as the chosen people.

Go back and look at your post and see what you actually are saying to all 'those others' that are different in some way from the chosen.

BTW your courts only decide if things agree with your constitution, that is why it is important to put peope in there that are not blind to all but their own 'beliefs'.

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

Is ignorance a choice ?

" Minority "  rights ???

Can I vote on wether 2 blue eyeballed lutherans should be allowed to continue to interbreed ??

Yes ? or No ?

Please keep posting as proof your education was sub par.

She will be close or above 2 million votes when it is all said and done.

Donnie got less republican votes than MITTIENS !!! and Short Arms McCain Robot tongue so dont act like he is exactly popular.

Activist judges  ? LOL ha ha ha at least the deplorable nuts like you,King, vanderrotts and gilligan LOST your attempt to punish the 3 remaiing state jusdges that gave us equality mariage almost 8 EIGHT years ago