cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bruce MN
Veteran Advisor

Re: If Obama was a White Guy....

Yeah, it's racism...pure and simple. Millions of white Americans who have been simmering since the integration of big time sports and entertainment, the Civil Rights Act, and the granting of face time to leaders in the minority communites on "liberal" national media etc.etc.

Simmering, but not really knowing how to find enough others who would rally around each other and that you could be sure  wouldn't be offended by your heretofore silently held views, looking to find a medium wherein one could remain faceless and anonymous and yet "get the message out".

The election of Barack Obama to the U.S. Presidency provided the rallying point. And for any number of reasons, as there has been with every President.... partiuclarily 1st term President (other than, ironically GWB who had 9-11 to cover for his failings) his approval would be low in these current conditions, no matter what he did or didn't do. But for the racist, it's simple to bunddle up what is obviously low approval into thoughts that maybe the rest of the dissaprovers don't like n#%^!*s either, and you feel licensed and bonafide.

Throw this internet thing on top of it and you get the Breitbart opportunities and others things that would make for that medium. Bringing in free KGB quality training in racist and general right wing code which carefully teaches the most feeble paranoid minds that there is somehow no racism in summarily denying racist self-behavior, and abdication from it if you can simply throw it back in the face of those who you intuitively hate.

cotman03
Veteran Contributor

I disagree wholeheartedly.  You wouldn't know racism if it bit you on the ass.  This....pure and simple....is a strategy by the liberals to discount the conservative movement period.  It has always worked to shut up opposition.  I don't think it will work this time and since it seems to be not working so well, you liberals just shout it louder and louder.  People are pissed.  I am pissed.  You are partly right though.  There are white people out there who don't like n#%^!*s.  There are n#%^!*s out there that don't like you.  There is racism but all this political crap out there is not born of it

wgjerde768071
Senior Contributor

I not sure what the conservative movement stands for

What is the Republican platform I really do not know
I want is less goverenment unless it is there to help me?     I guess you want conditions in place like before the French revolution. History buffs will remember what happen in that case. Not good.   We have  2 percent of the american population making decision for the other 98 percent because the 2 percents have the money. I would like the congress to represent all the people. No, It needs to represent ALL People.  It appear that the Republican party is the party of ME  If i am ok the heck with every body else.  The problem with the ME position  is that every great society that has gone to that extreme has ceased to be a power. Is that want you want for this country.  The list is long  Romans, the French, Spain and on and on.  History does repeat itself and will again.  But  we have choice to have rational dicussion about solutions. I do not see that the answer no is a discussion  Have a great day !!!!

bruce MN
Veteran Advisor

Correct in that it is not born in it.

But fueled? Atomically.

And what's coming from liberals is not strategy. Liberals don't do conspiracy very well, don't form strategies instinctively from the ground up very well. They respond (most often too easily ) to leadership that they see too readily as messianic and are almost always disspointed) They don't actually do just plain old "ideas" very well. That's always been the domain of genuine conservtives and then stuff gets hashed out and put into imlementation phases, where liberals love to lurk and dwell. We need good conservativ eleaders working with the practical end of the progressive leadership to keep this ship afloat and then back on to some semblance of a steady course. However, radical politics, coming almost exclusively from the right...with the left almost completely shuttered out of the conversation are making that look like a impossibility.

."The left" isn't even in play here, much less quiding or shaping anything. The health care bill and the finance bill don;t have any leftiness to them. The were written, as most bills since 1980 have been, pretty much on behalf of the people they were meant to regulate. If the left had influenced them at all we'd have single payer and bankers and real estate appraisers in jail.

And racism and low browed elitism and seperationism have now atomically fueled the debate. Nobody is more dissapointed in that than good old fashioned traditional and results oriented conservative Republicans (85 -90% of the people I knew and/or was related to for the 1st 30 years of my life).

One can become so saturated with propoganda and codified messaging that it become impossible to ever become rational again. I'd take care in that. You are edging into black is white and day is night territory.

Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

Re: Nothing of the Sort, What-so-ever

@bruce MN wrote:

Yeah, it's racism...pure and simple. Millions of white Americans who have been simmering since the integration of big time sports and entertainment, the Civil Rights Act, and the granting of face time to leaders in the minority communites on "liberal" national media etc.etc.

Simmering, but not really knowing how to find enough others who would rally around each other and that you could be sure  wouldn't be offended by your heretofore silently held views, looking to find a medium wherein one could remain faceless and anonymous and yet "get the message out".

The election of Barack Obama to the U.S. Presidency provided the rallying point. And for any number of reasons, as there has been with every President.... partiuclarily 1st term President (other than, ironically GWB who had 9-11 to cover for his failings) his approval would be low in these current conditions, no matter what he did or didn't do. But for the racist, it's simple to bunddle up what is obviously low approval into thoughts that maybe the rest of the dissaprovers don't like n#%^!*s either, and you feel licensed and bonafide.

Throw this internet thing on top of it and you get the Breitbart opportunities and others things that would make for that medium. Bringing in free KGB quality training in racist and general right wing code which carefully teaches the most feeble paranoid minds that there is somehow no racism in summarily denying racist self-behavior, and abdication from it if you can simply throw it back in the face of those who you intuitively hate.

Bruce, you have been reading way too many left-wing bloggers as of late, .... they rail on just as you have done here..... none of it is based in a preponderance of fact.

If we can trade your obama for a J.C. Watts, I would take you up on it, in less than a nano-second.

Race is what got an unqualified person elected to the highest executive position in the free world....he was elected to make those, like yourself, who hold tons of race guilt, feel better about themselves.

What I am against, is what obama seeks to do to our country.  Only enemies to our Constitution do what he does.

You are confusing race with ideology.....which are not related what-so-ever.

tomtoolbag
Veteran Advisor

I'll second that, Bruce. Hell, it took the republicans running this country down the proverbial shi##er to even get a democrat elected, they are that unorganized. I also find it funny that it isn't the "left" that is afraid some bike path plan is a "conspiracy by the United Nations" like some GOP right wing extremist in Colorado running for Gov.,or wherever. It's not the "left" running around in circles with Hitler signs claiming that the president is born?????, or claiming it's some "New World Order" conspiracy for Obama to take all privately owned land. Hopefully you notice the pattern of BS by now, because it's even obvious to people on the other side of the world.

Think you're in the right???? Why is the extremists of the right wing, whenever they have a "rally", there's hardly anybody there?????? BECAUSE NOBODY AGREES WITH YOU!!!!!!! 

bruce MN
Veteran Advisor

Re: Nothing of the Sort, What-so-ever

"What he is doing to our country" is an extremely tepid and not all that effective job of working with a 30 year old mess that was turned from a mere mess into a mile high pile of cow###t by the Cheney gang. A gargantuan task, partiulcarilly as he is saddled down by just a few too many folks from within his own party who were part and parcel to the creation of that pile.

He's beginning to show glimpses that he maybe "gets" that, and as he does more and more will he have better luck., but not enough soon enough.

But in full honesty I fear that the Reagan-Bush-Clinton horse of monopoly money fueled corporatism is too far down the road and he'll probably get to be Hoover. And in response to that, you folks wan't a Mussolini.

Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

Re: Whatever

Whatever.... think what you will.  I have been waiting 7 weeks for a break in the weather to get the last of my first cutting done, and the rest of the second and third done....it is just dry enough now, and the weather looks like it will stay out of my hair until Tuesday.....so I am out in the fields, so have fun with your prognostications.

If I can get caught up this weekend, I will be free for the next month to do all the campaigning that I will need to, to see victory in November.

Keep your eye on this forum in a few days.... I will try to post a list of when that Irish band , The Fuchia Band, is coming your way.....Máirtín de Cógain.  I think that August 14th he is doing a show with the Fuchia Band in Rochester, Mn.

Now.... to be off , slaying the hay......

ollie2655
Senior Contributor

i love it because he has kept history intact of there never being a country ran by a black or mulatto successfully----and he goes out of his way to prove it everyday ------before some racist dumocrat takes offense ----ck history and try and refute my post

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: If obama was a White Guy....

Only because all of you rightwingers are bigots and can't stand the fact that a black man is president.  GET OVER IT!!