cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tomtoolbag
Veteran Advisor

Re: IQ??? As in you're questioning somebody else's IQ????

No, there are very good conservatives in this country, that are also very decent people too, that are unfortunately sitting on the sidelines and letting the biggest cry-baby voices be heard. That ticks me off the most, because their input into this country's problems is greatly needed, but they are nowhere to be found.

I think that you fail to understand the ramifications of casually employing illegal immigrants. If you didn't know, you should have asked someone with the probability to know the answer, or even people here as they would be more than willing to offer some helpful advice. The employment laws are strict liability laws, meaning ignorance of the law is no defense. The government doesn't take this issue lightly, and it figures if you are competent enough and have the initiative to start and run a business that you should seek out the information to be in compliance of the various laws.

I spent time in the "South" while in the military, and quite a bit of time too. Once you would leave anywhere that had quite a few streetlights, the poverty was very noticeable, but the constant BS of "the South will rise again" stuff got old real quick. The way my friends were treated that were Black, American Indian, and Hispanic was atrocious at the least. We would travel around and sight-see and stop at various places for food and sometimes a cold one, and nine out of ten times they were treated poorly at best, and quite a few times things led to fisticuffs over some redneck's remarks and actions. It was no coincidence that those same d-bags that would start trouble couldn't fight their way out of a bag, and took some well deserved punishment for their words and actions, that hopefully changed their attitude some, but that's not likely. It was the same routine over and over everywhere we went, and I couldn't believe people of that region of our country had that much hatred of others. You can keep the South, it's of no use to me.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Re: If obama was a White Guy....

Why don't you take the time to try to find out exactly what the AZ law said and read how the sheriff's dept. ( maricopa anyway) would handle it?  Afraid you would learn something?  You guys read the headlines and then concoct the rest of the story.  I want the illegals out but they aren't all criminals.  Most are peaceful hard-working people trying to better themselves but they are going about it all wrong.  They don't take many jobs that white Americans would do until the very last resort.  One place out here that grows grapes had some Hispanics working for them picking grapes.  One man who is now legal said he had been there 36 years and never saw a white American picking grapes EVER!  No many white Americans are going to trim trees, dig irrigation ditches, plant trees, etc in 110 degree weather but the Mexicans will and they work every day.  It is wrong but as long as people provide the work and don't check on legal status, it will continue.  Give you another example of how it would be here.  You get stopped for speeding.  The cop asks for DL, Reg. and ins papers.  You don't have your billfold with you.  You get a ticket for speeding AND for not having your DL with you and you have to get a ride home.  Mr. Lopez gets stopped for the same thing.  He forgot his billfold.  Never mind that he is a fourth generation American.  He is asked to prove he is an American.  He can't because he forgot his billfold and Arizona has this belief that a DL proves citizenship.  He gets hauled off to jail just because he is dark and said his name was Lopez.  THAT is what is wrong with the law.  NOT stopping illegals!  Someone said that they should carry papers.  Well, DUH, they are illegal.  What kind of papers should they be carrying??  One more thing.  Don't worry about my thoughts or my IQ.  I said I would match yours any day of the week.

dagwud
Senior Contributor

"If it's any consolation though, you're in a big group of morons. The right wingers that bash gays, end up being gay. The "family values" rightys, can't keep their zippers up. As usual and right on track with you hypocritical d-bags, the rightys that whine about illegal immigrants in this country constantly, EMPLOY them."

That is painting with a pretty broad brush.  By your anology Tom we could say that all left wingers that promote ethics and abiding by the law are all corrupt and crooked morons that don't pay their taxes or even the taxes on their illegal house keepers. 

From where I sit there are crooked hypocrital morons in both parties.  Seems like neither party is ever short on bad apples.  Remember I predicted after Dems rose to power that we would start to see more corruption charges in their ranks as it only makes sense to bribe the ones who are best situated to do your bidding.  If Repubs ever get back in power I look for more corruption and unethical behavior from them as well.

cotman03
Veteran Contributor

Re: If obama was a White Guy....

Did I say I had something against Mexicans coming to this country?  I'll tell you again that you should read and comprehend before you go putting words into my posts that aren't there.  I agree with you that there are jobs in this country that locals won't do no matter what the pay is, even if the job is a last resort.  Immigrants, legal and illegal, fill that void.  The immigration issue is not black and white.  I never said it was.  As an employer I know that not having immigrants come in to do manual labor would be very bad for alot of businesses.  My problem is that the feds are telling a state that they can't enforce a law that is very similar to federal law which the feds aren't enforcing.  There needs to be a better way.  I'm not opposed to immigration reform especially if it allows a better system for laborers to enter the country, work, then go home.  Some think that if an employer pays enough money, Americans will want the jobs we have.  In my experience as 27 years of hiring laborers, Americans, the ones always looking for work at least, want the money but not the job in the end.  I'm talking about seasonal type labor.  My full time people are Americans.

tomtoolbag
Veteran Advisor

I'm just using the right wings analogies as my reasoning like they do, because supposedly only republicans start and run successful businesses, it's that whole bootstrap and moral superiority thing, and the ability to channel the the thoughts of the long ago dead, founding fathers.

But, 44% of businesses never see their 5th year, and running the government like a business doesn't work either because we have quite a few millionaires that made their money from business there. The tax cuts bring in money by providing jobs theory isn't just out the window, it's on the ground, because just under half don't pay income taxes supposedly.