cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Why would Paul Ryan even consider

Taking the Speaker post. He wants to eventually run for President at a later date, when his family is grown. Getting himself tied up with Stevie King, Issa, Gohmert etal would be terminal for him. He may be a misguided libertarian but he's no Bagger.
6 Replies
Senior Advisor

Re: Why would Paul Ryan even consider

@bruce MN wrote:
Taking the Speaker post. He wants to eventually run for President at a later date, when his family is grown. Getting himself tied up with Stevie King, Issa, Gohmert etal would be terminal for him. He may be a misguided libertarian but he's no Bagger.

Just waiting for his turn isn't he.

Honored Advisor

As I recall early on Paul Ryan was trying to roll us on favoring what I would call amnesty, for that sin, I don`t think he`s fit.

See a majority speaker in either House has to be willing to play politics, given the lawless commander-in-chief in the white house.  Yes, they voted on repealing Obamacare 80 times, but it needs to get on the lawless commander-in-chief`s desk for him to have the embarassment of vetoing the show of no confidence in his signature legislation.  That would put alot of this Obamacare behind us to have that satisfaction.  Harry Reid and Pelosi both fell on the sword numerous times to protect Obama from the embarrassment of certain bills that were never brought up to a vote. Paul Ryan doesn`t appear to run counter-part to that.

That is why after the fact we find the left really kind of liked Beohner...though before announcing his retirement, you`d never have guessed it.  Paul Ryan would be more the same, he would be tough on the Steve King faction and try to work with the left.

Senior Contributor

lust for power, although supposedly , he is in WI now 

mulling it over.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

BS!!  He's a megalomaniac just like all the rest of them!  He just wants them to beg him so later if it turns out badly, he can say that he didn't want to but for the good of the country he had to try!

Senior Contributor

How will you get anything done if you don't have the votes? You leave the speaker no choice but to try to ram though issues that he doesn't have the votes for. What are the magic words that will bring the nonbaggers in line. The only option left is to pass legislation that the majority supports and that might be a majority consisting of both democrats and republicans. 

I know you think the 40 anti's have enough clout to cut off funding or shut the government down. That still won't produce the result you want. Those that still want to negotiate and govern are opposed to the unyielding baggers. Why would anyone choose that route.

I am somewhat amused about you righties think that Obama steam rolled over the right and didn't even give you a voice. Yet it is you guys the demand my way or the highway. I guess the worlds worst negotiator can handle you. 

Senior Contributor

Smarter than you think. He knows the possibilities of success are pretty remote as long as he has to qwell the madness in his own party.