cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Wild hyperbole

jobiden says we could have 250k more deaths by the end of Jan.

Could, but I’d say Valentines more likely.

Meanwhile the virus continues to be very unfair to the IMPOTUS.

It’ll just go away by April ‘22.

5 Replies
rickgthf
Senior Advisor

Re: I won't call it Wild hyperbole, but it is clearly on the upper end of the range.

There are clearly still too many who don't believe wearing a mask is effective or necessary.  Ran into one yesterday and another one today.  The one yesterday came to the house, I met him on the porch to keep him outside and tried to keep him off me but he just won't back off, practically chased me around the porch.  He'd step forward, I'd back up, he'd step forward, I'd step away sideways,  we literally went around the porch 3-4 times.  I suppose it would be funny except that cases are exploding here and it's always those who won't take precautions who end up spreading it all around.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Re: I won't call it Wild hyperbole, but it is clearly on the upper end of the range.

I think the Warp Speed goal to have 100M vaccinated by the end of Feb. will turn out to be a bit optimistic but it should begin to bend the death curve, if not cases, down by late in Jan.

I think life may be a little normal by spring and pretty close by fall.

sdholloway56
Senior Advisor

Dr. Jha estimates 30% pop immunity by end of Jan, 50% by end of March.

Vax plus infections.

Of course that sorta implies another 15-20M cases.

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

(There are clearly still too many who don't believe wearing a mask is effective or necessary.  Ran into one yesterday and another one today.  The one yesterday came to the house, I met him on the porch to keep him outside and tried to keep him off me but he just won't back off, practically chased me around the porch.  He'd step forward, I'd back up, he'd step forward, I'd step away sideways,  we literally went around the porch 3-4 times.  I suppose it would be funny except that cases are exploding here and it's always those who won't take precautions who end up spreading it all around.)

Umm, dang people.  A little common sense tip for you.

Just tell your visitor that you are practicing social distancing, instead of acting like a jack-wagon.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@rickgthf wrote:

There are clearly still too many who don't believe wearing a mask is effective or necessary.  Ran into one yesterday and another one today.  The one yesterday came to the house, I met him on the porch to keep him outside and tried to keep him off me but he just won't back off, practically chased me around the porch.  He'd step forward, I'd back up, he'd step forward, I'd step away sideways,  we literally went around the porch 3-4 times.  I suppose it would be funny except that cases are exploding here and it's always those who won't take precautions who end up spreading it all around.

The guy clearly was not a conservative because if he were you would have politely told him to take a hike.