cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Will Biden Faithful please tell us why....

the pair should NOT testify? Slow Joe and Cokie Hunter at the center of this impeachment clown show.....why would you not want to hear what they actually know?

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/01/trump-impeachment-trial-adam-schiff-opened-door-on-biden-witn...

21 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Will Biden Faithful please tell us why....

I can certainly understand why they would not want to testify, nothing good can come from it for them.   Send them a subpeona and all they can do is plead the fifth.

Senior Contributor

(I can certainly understand why they would not want to testify, nothing good can come from it for them.   Send them a subpeona and all they can do is plead the fifth.)

I'm still waiting on lois lerner and eric holder, among many other Obama officials, to testify - it would seem like the best avenue, according to knapper, - to have these witnesses to prove president Obama's innocence.

Senior Contributor

people like knapp should be mad at the democrats for the pitiful way they have done this.   The house can start over, they can force all the witnesses to testify that they want to, they just have to follow the proper procedures and it will take time.  

The dem's did this knowing it would never fly.   Most of the R's don't like Trump any more than the D's do,  give them actual provable crimes and they'll throw him out, but what they've got is just ridiculous.

Advisor

Barr DoJ position is that the courts don't have the authority to compel witnesses. While judicial rulings thus far indicate that all other than Federalist Tool Judges have read the Constitution and don't agree, the McGahn case is without resolution a year on. There are also more Federalist Tool Judges every week.

Also that the POTUS can't commit a crime, thus the "clever"  Matlock defense that there can't be an impeachment without a statutory crime.

Thus, a brilliant, courageous leap into the unknown that is drawing more political blood than could have been hoped.

Although it is a given that the battle is being fought over 5% of the voting public, at most.

Senior Contributor

As I understand it

It was separately established by SCOTUS during the Nixon impeachment investigation that *IF* the full House votes to have the Judiciary Committee commence an impeachment investigation, then the Judiciary Committee has subpoena power that can overcome executive privilege claims.

There was NO VOTE to create that level of subpoena power.

As a consequence, the House did not create a process to penetrate the constitutionally inherent separation of powers, and/or, the legally recognized firewall known as ‘executive privilege’.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2020/01/22/the-origin-of-the-feces-white-house-lawyer-patrick-p...

Advisor

Re: As I understand it

Except the WH did not claim Executive Privilege on these matters- it issued a blanket nannernannernanner.

Although they should have hired this guy instead of the TV clowns they have. 

Advisor

Re: As I understand it

Swamp lawyerin' in defense of the absolute power of the Presidency is a significant industry.

Senior Contributor

News here would have the Biddens involved only because your dear leader was trying to get Ukraine to help his election bid in 2020 by making an announcement about investigating them without even having to actually carry out any investigation. In other words a publicity stunt by a foreign government to influence your election.

So why would having either one of them there as a witness have anything to do with what your dear leader is charged with?

Advisor

The MO is to establish the conspiracy theory first, then work backwards.