cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: Will Biden Faithful please tell us why....

Why Ukraine?

Donald J. Trump, Joe Biden, and Biden’s randy, yet always opportunistic son, Hunter aside, I suspect that America has far too much exposure in the dysfunctional country of Ukraine. What are our strategic or economic interests in proping up this distant country? If anything ever goes wrong between Ukraine and its historically paranoid Russian neighbor, we are too far away and too politically and economically unprepared to do much about it.

So, the question is, what are all of the whiz kids working in the State Department, the Foreign Services, the National Security Council, and the CIA thinking? Why Ukraine? Why are we giving American made Javelin antitiank missles and $300 million/year in US aid to this country?

On the other hand, some select folks in Washington DC appear to be making gobs of money from tiny, corrupt Ukraine.

Senior Advisor

News here would have the Biddens involved only because your dear leader was trying to get Ukraine to help his election bid in 2020 by making an announcement about investigating them without even having to actually carry out any investigation.

That's because you are fed fake news. You also believed Adam Schiff when he told you the Nunes memo on FISA abuses were Trump conspiracy theories. Now you know you have been lied to.

Advisor

the bottom line question still is WHY was Hunter Biden, the substance abusing, woman abusing miscreant of a son of the sitting VP of the USA being paid over $50,000 by a Ukrainian energy company.

That is the question that deserves an answer. Everything else follows this question.

Advisor

As far as Packard's ever insouciant obliviousness,

I'm curious if he was so happy back in 1999 when the stock market was booming, GDP was growing at 4%, wages were actually rising and we were at peace about as much as we've ever been since 1941.

Advisor

.......after F2F and the promise that China and The Market would make farm programs unnecessary had proved to be a mirage, Democrats doubled down with more farm subsidies......

.......The Clean Air Act paved the way for the Ethanol program, even if it took the failure of MTBE to get Big Oil's feet out of the trough.....

.......very substantial reforms of the (non-farm) welfare complex were enacted, although as long as there is $1 going out it will be the source of much grievance.......

Senior Contributor

SD,

Why go all the way back to 1999? If you start on March 9, 2009 (six weeks after President Obama’s inauguration), you will see that anyone with a few hundred $K in a plain vanilla S&P 500 Index has done remarkably well. In fact, since then and assuming they only reinvested their distributions and dividends, that same person would be sitting on over half a million dollars. Not Gulfstream coin, but not bad either. Yahoo, good for us, God bless America, and hurray too!

[FWIW: The value of prime Midwest farmland during this same time has held up very well too.]

Nevertheless, my Ukrainian point was less about one’s personal wealth and more about our own national interest. We are not an Empire and most Americans have no wish to ever become one. The question remains, why Ukraine? Given the risks of foreign entanglement in Eastern Europe, what do we get out of it? What is the return on our known risks?

The exact same question migh also be asked of the entire Persian Gulf or any of the newly expanded, but not ever re-ratified NATO countries of Estonia, Latvia, Montenegro, Lithuania, Slovakia, or Poland. Why are we pledged to defend any of these countries and what does America get out of the deal (Hint: Fighting for truth, justice, and the American way is an incorrect answer.)?

Advisor

With most Republicans it reminds me of Red's conservative dress up closet where he keeps both the Churchill and Chamberlain outfits ready for use, as needed. I don't know your history on these things.

But I'm suspicious of Republicans suddenly converted to peaceniks.

And BTW, neither that or if "The Bidens" actually engaged in corrupt acts does not exonerate the POTUS in regards to his corrupt and illegal acts.

The do provide "yeah, whatabout..." material.

Senior Advisor

What you said is if the dems were digging for dirt on Trump in the 16 election that is ok. Trump asking for cooperation in an investigation into who and why they were digging for dirt is an impeachable offense.

Advisor

show me the legally appropriated aid they dangled.

Senior Contributor

So you believe the Biddens were involved in some wrong dealings.What does that have to do with what your dear leader did?  Why bring them in as a witness in a different investigation?  and of course it still leaves the question of why your dear leader does not want people who were involved in his actions leading to his trial in the Senate to be called as witnesses and then why you bring up unrelated individuals instead of seeking those who were involved in it to be called as witnesses.

As I have stated before even if your dear leader gets off on this he is still going down in history and in the minds of the majority of people as guilty, proven because he will not allow witnesses and documents to come before the jury of the senate.

Just like most people's opinion of whether Simpson was guilty even if he was acquitted