cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
8 Replies
Senior Advisor

Re: Will Bunch ran into Sammy in DC

Your life can be empty and make you susceptible to The Big Lie even when you have nice things.

Advisor

From Bunch:

“It explains why so many people with the luxuries of a laptop and free time (things that actual poor folks have in short supply) look for conspiracies like QAnon to explain a society that no longer makes sense for them, or why so much of the hatred on the right is expended not at the CEOs who outsourced American jobs but at the cap-and-gown-wearing eggheads like journalists or scientists they find intellectually arrogant.”

Senior Advisor

I think if you happen to have acquired or inherited some nice things it makes you even more prone to that sort of resentment.

It is a challenge to your own personal myth. And the last thing you want is anybody catching you on the ladder who didn't By God earn it.

It is actually a lot easier and healthier to just be thankful for your own good fortune.

Advisor

Reading what you say I can’t help but think about this one guy......

You sound as if you almost know him.

Senior Contributor

Yes a country so over run with poor people that the real pandemic is obesity.

Senior Advisor

Re: It's well understood that ...

It's well understood that the cheapest food isn't that good for you but when you're poor sometimes that's all you can afford.  Besides, I know plenty of farmers who are overweight.

Senior Contributor

@rickgthf wrote:

It's well understood that the cheapest food isn't that good for you but when you're poor sometimes that's all you can afford.  Besides, I know plenty of farmers who are overweight.

Um, actually no rickster.   Chips, soda, fast food, very expensive vs raw products cooked at home.

But that doesn't fit the narrative.

Senior Advisor

Need to ask Turdy how he came to be a lardass.