cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wehav
Senior Contributor

Will success engender more?

Will the success of slandering a candidate in Alabama engender more of the same by Democratic operatives?

Now that it's a proven tactic and because women never lie will every Republican conservative have women coming out of the woods to accuse them of improper sexual behavior?  I'd bet yes.

11 Replies
WCMO
Senior Advisor

Re: Will success engender more?

Have no doubt.  It's a slippery slope.  Assuming that all those making the accusations are truthful will likely come back to bite someone.  And, assuming the worst for the simplest of potential implications, such as something like "I felt something brush against my thigh in the elevator, and when I looked around, it was so and so", or "back in 1970, so and so kissed me on the lips, and I didn't want him to", etc., is a big potential problem.  If this "movement", and the media circus that supports it, continues unchecked, then it will backfire. Outside of the total apparently obvious swine, these should not be playing out in social media, nor the news reports -- they should be playing out in courtrooms.  AND, those records should not be sealed.

bruce MN
Advisor

Good analysis but as you imply will take a while to sort.  And, of course, for horn-dog nation, will increase vigilance on the female side.  Lots of stuff that seemed like simple funnin’ Won’t be any more.

It will sort down, with the really bad actors like Weinstein’s, Moore, Trump etc. always getting what they’ve always had coming.

Katzenjammer12
Senior Contributor

Bruce has it figured out.

Samthehumble
Senior Contributor

I think the public, given enough lead time, can deal with sorting through the bull.   I'd loosen the libel laws so that it's easier to prove the closer to the election you are.  That way the information gets out and the people have time to verify the claims.   The only thing t hat hacks me off is when it's obviously done to manipulate the electorate, like waiting till after the primary so the flawed candidate wins.

AllenJwi
Senior Contributor

So when will the charges against Moore be filed? Oh that's right never.

hardnox
Advisor

If they've been messin' with underage girls I'd assume so.

A bit of a different deal than all the rest.

Trump did have a long association with child pimp to the stars Jeff Epstein but unfortunately so did Bill Clinton, so ***** Bill gave him a full immunization.

Samthehumble
Senior Contributor

zero doubt you'll still push it as truth

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/dec/10/glenn-simpsons-fusion-gps-ran-donald-trump-smear-c/

Journalist sources told The Washington Times that Fusion founder Glenn Simpson pushed the idea of a close relationship between Mr. Trump and Jeffrey Epstein, who pleaded guilty in 2008 to soliciting sex from an underage girl.

The Trump-Epstein link appears purely social, far short of Mr. Clinton’s 20-plus plane rides on Epstein’s “Lolita Express” private jet around the globe in the early 2000s..........

Mr. Silverstein, who wrote the Vice.Com story, was asked by The Washington Times if Fusion pushed the Epstein-Trump story.

“Since you asked, yes, they helped me with that,” Mr. Silverstein said. “But as you can see, I could not make a strong case for Trump being super close to Epstein, so they could hardly have been thrilled with that story. [In my humble opinion], that was the best story written about Trump’s ties to Epstein, but I failed to nail him. Trump’s ties were mild compared to Bill Clinton‘s.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: zero doubt you'll still push it as truth

That doesn't matte when your goal is to over turn an election.

hardnox
Advisor

Re: zero doubt you'll still push it as truth

Although Clinton wasn't accused of rape by a trafficked early teen girl.

Which may or may not be true, but that's where it stands.