cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Will the Trump Faithful Please Tell Me

Why is it wrong for the very people who could completely exonerate Trump to testify? Is it a matter of principal? What? Please be honest in your reply. I’m putting myself in the “witch hunt” and “sham” shoes. It seems like the best avenue - to have witnesses to prove president Trump’s innocence. How am I wrong? 

75 Replies
Senior Contributor

Re: Will the Trump Faithful Please Tell Me

@KNAPPer wrote:

Why is it wrong for the very people who could completely exonerate Trump to testify? Is it a matter of principal? What? Please be honest in your reply. I’m putting myself in the “witch hunt” and “sham” shoes. It seems like the best avenue - to have witnesses to prove president Trump’s innocence. How am I wrong? 

What crime does he need a witness to prove him innocent of?

Maybe you should start there.

Senior Contributor

Well , he is on trial. Why are witnesses in his defense wrong? He is accused of crime most formally. Can’t you answer the question without punting the ball?

Senior Contributor

(Why is it wrong for the very people who could completely exonerate Trump to testify?)

Whom, in your opinion, are the "very people" that could exonerate Trump? 

Would it just happen to be the list of witnesses that democrats are demanding and you trust that they are being genuine and just know? but that they didn't see a need to have as witnesses in the house impeachment inquiry? Please be honest in your reply.

Senior Contributor

@KNAPPer wrote:

Well , he is on trial. Why are witnesses in his defense wrong? He is accused of crime most formally. Can’t you answer the question without punting the ball?

I was very specific in my answer.   Name the crime.  You can't name the crime can you? 😂😂😂

Advisor

From FOX (probably one more commentary or allowed ad from falling out of you list of “trusted sources”) on that “crime” and the requirement that there be one thing.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/trumps-senate-impeachment-trial-judge-andrew-napolitano

Senior Advisor

It's the task of the house to prove his guilt. Not the task of the senate to prove his innocence. Their only task is to judge the evidence produced by the house.

Senior Advisor

Then the house should have chose the judge to be one of their managers.

Senior Contributor

@bruce MN wrote:

From FOX (probably one more commentary or allowed ad from falling out of you list of “trusted sources”) on that “crime” and the requirement that there be one thing.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/trumps-senate-impeachment-trial-judge-andrew-napolitano

Not wasting my time reading napolitano...   he is already factually wrong in the first or second paragraph,  so no need to finish. 

From your statement above, your answer is there is no need for a crime?

Advisor

What I said re: sources.

Interested in where it says anywhere that there needs to be one.

I’ve read volumes lately on the matter and it’s in climate change denial range for legalists saying they see it that way.