cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

Re: Will the Trump Faithful Please Tell Me

@bruce MN wrote:

What I said re: sources.

Interested in where it says anywhere that there needs to be one.

I’ve read volumes lately on the matter and it’s in climate change denial range for legalists saying they see it that way. 

You can read millions upon millions of puff pieces and BS till the cows come home Brucie.  But there is a single sentence that no matter how much huffing and puffing the little revisionists huff and puff, they will not change:

Section 4

The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.

Senior Contributor

Thank you.  If it was me, I would want it proven that what I said was true. 

Senior Contributor

Mulvani, Perry and Bolton would do the trick. 

Advisor

“or”

Best way to sort out if the Crimes bit fits is for those who could disprove it to testify.  Those people The WH prohibited from facing the House.

Your best bet for this to turn out to your liking is for Mitch to throw the kill switch and get his caucus to back him.  And then send them out on their own to convince voters that was the proper thing to do.

Senior Contributor

Abuse of his power -high crimes and obstruction of justice. Just forget it. It does not matter to you. You love him no matter what.  You don’t even think he needs a defense while on trial. Enough said. Stick your head in the sand. 

Senior Contributor

So crazy that not a single person can directly answer the question. 

Advisor

No crime, no impeachment.

constitution is pretty clear " high crimes or misdemeanors".  What a person thinks is their own business...they actually have to do something to be guilty of a crime.

For Knapp.....you seem to favor a gulag type of justice where a person has to prove their innocence. That is not America....here you are presumed innocent, and guilt is something that has to be proved. Hope this helps.

You clowns will, hopefully, look back at your TDS exhibitions like an Alice in Wonderland LSD experience, and wonder how your core values ever got so twisted up that you would favor such un-American positions.

As for Trump saying that his camp holds all the evidence, and the democrats hold nothing, that can be taken a lot of ways. I heard it , and thought of Joe and Hunter Biden immediately. 

Senior Contributor

Just because you don't like the answers doesn't mean your question wasn't answered.

It's been replied to on many fronts:

• Doesn't have to prove innocence.
  • Separation of powers.
  • Politics
Honored Advisor

This isn`t some sort of "Perry Mason" tv show where the good guys always win and come back for next weeks episode and the show`s season gets renewed.  A fair number of a prison`s population really is innocent, in real life the truth doesn`t always come out.  My advice is if you`re in trouble and innocent don`t be on a high horse, use whatever legal procedures, executive privileges  you can to get the hell out of court as quickly as possible.  Your prosecutor will show you no mercy, they care nothing of the truth, only a prosecution knotch to put on their belt, especially these damned hate filled Democrats.

You guys think "OOOO if we could oooonly git Bolton on the witness stand, he`s pissed Trump fired him and OOOOO boy!  He`d lie for us and we`d really nail that Trump!!!"  We don`t know that, Bolton might be as pissed with the Democrats as he is with his former boss.  That might be the same as crackhead Biden, he might do the Democrats more good in his testimony than the Republicans.  Witnesses are all wildcards, sure a prosecutor would love to have 330 million witnesses on the stand, someone might flub up and take the trial in a new tangent, starting new impeachment cases to be opened. 

You can be right and still lose and the more wildcards you have spinning your Russian Roulette revolver, the greater your chance of getting your head blown off.

Senior Advisor

That is the function of the house. The job of the senate is to listen to the evidence presented to them by the house.