cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jput
Senior Contributor

Re: Willful ignorance

Again,  if you're going to condemn those elected representatives who ran on ending obummerCare in 2010 for fulfilling their campaign promise,  then you must also condemn oBozo for the added expenses of installing concrete blocks-fences on an open air mall WW2 Memorial,  Vietnam Wall,  etc.   Fair is fair.

Here is the video testimony of the National Park Service Director in front of Congress.  Apparently he allowed the Occupy Movement to camp illegally but was quick to block 80 to 90 year old veterans from seeing the WW2 Monument they helped pay for with private funds......

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/10/16/trey-gowdy-goes-off-on-national-park-service-director-for...

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

You think that fulfilling campaign promises is worth wasting billions of dollars for something they had tried over 40 times and failed each time????? Are you really admitting to something that stupid?
jput
Senior Contributor

I'm saying that if you're going to yammer on about govt. waste,  then include oBozo's needless, petty, vindictive wastefull attacks on 90 year old WW2 veterans,  Nam War vets,  etc.

Husker-J
Senior Contributor

Letter from Union Leader

Here is a link to a letter written by Jimmy Hoffa, Jr, to Reid and Pelosi, in which he gives specific complaints on Obamacare:

http://blogs.wsj.com/corporate-intelligence/2013/07/12/union-letter-obamacare-will-destroy-the-very-...

-snip-

Like millions of other Americans, our members are front-line workers in the American economy. We have been strong supporters of the notion that all Americans should have access to quality, affordable health care. We have also been strong supporters of you. In campaign after campaign we have put boots on the ground, gone door-to-door to get out the vote, run phone banks and raised money to secure this vision.

Now this vision has come back to haunt us.

Since the ACA was enacted, we have been bringing our deep concerns to the Administration, seeking reasonable regulatory interpretations to the statute that would help prevent the destruction of non-profit health plans. As you both know first-hand, our persuasive arguments have been disregarded and met with a stone wall by the White House and the pertinent agencies.

-snip-

Husker-J
Senior Contributor

I thought Hannity did an 'opinion' piece, I didn't realize it was supposed to be considered hard news.

I guess, since I really never watched a show, I didn't know.

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

I have no condemnation of him in regard to the shutdown.

r3020
Senior Advisor

@schnurrbart wrote:
You think putting up a few barriers up for closed things cost more than what the tea party cost taxpayers with their BS revolt for the 40th failed time???. How many billions of taxpayer money was wasted on the tea party caused shutdown??

Remember, the establishment needs you. Keep the faith.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Bruce, your author set out to write as pro obamacare piece and do a hit job on Sean Hannity, regardless what the author found it was going to be a hit piece or no Salon story...period.

In a way arguing about Obama Care is pointless now, the poster that puts up the most links and tires the other side out first will win the argument. The proof will be in the pudding exactly 1 year from now as to what the polls show and probably more important how the politicians are campaigning for the midterm. Those that were always proud to have been against it or those that blame Republicans for the ACA not working, farting proudly.

jput
Senior Contributor

Then you are a hypocrite,  gough.    Condemn one side for running up costs of the 17% govt. shut down while not condemning oBozo for his petty,  mean,  needless Barrycade of an open air WW2 Memorial.

WW2 vets are now in their late 80s,  to early 90s.    They pretty much have one last chance to view the memorial,  they built with private funds.    Barry is a petty,  mean tyrant who wasted taxpayer dollars Barrycading open air memorials to veterans.

Again,  I remind you that the Aussies would be speaking Japanese if it were not for these WW2 vets.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Of course, it was opinion but he brought these people to give "their story" and try to bolster his "opinion". Turns out that two of the couples really didn't know what the ACA could do for them, just that they don't like it.