cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bruce MN
Advisor

Find "r3020" somewhere on this forum

Click on it and go through his posts of the past month.  Will takea while, but you'll stumble on to it,

Husker-J
Senior Contributor

Re: Willful ignorance

Can you or I walk onto Andrews Air Force Base, and play golf there?

Ft. Belvoir?

Camp David?

r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Letter from Union Leader

@schnurrbart wrote:
That is what I said. You folks would scream bloody murder if the govt told businesses how to allocate hours. BUT if those companies have 40 hour/employees with company paid health care, THEN to arbitrarily cut their hours and take away the health care JUST to avoid paying what they have been paying is just dead wrong!

What is wrong is for the government to take money from the 40 hour workers and give it to a third party. That is not the function of government, that is by definition the illegal seizure of property.

Husker-J
Senior Contributor

It might be 'wrong' but it is following the law.  

What was it, that I was told when I said I didn't like aspects of Obamacare????

Oh, yea, it's the LAW, and I have to learn to live with it.  It appears that I am just not the only one not completely happy.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Re: Find "r3020" somewhere on this forum

@bruce MN wrote:

Click on it and go through his posts of the past month.  Will takea while, but you'll stumble on to it,

You make Saul Alinskey very proud. Create an enemy to distract from the obvious. Your support of the establishment is telling. 

Husker-J
Senior Contributor

Re: More willful ignorance - it happens both ways

Well, I guess I learned something.  I thought you were better informed.   If 'everything you have read or heard from the right' consists of a couple posts you read on this forum, you really need to get out more.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

The only arrest I have read about was one at the Lincoln Memorial. He could have been a veteran but didn't read about any 80-90 yr olds being arrested when they went to the ww2 memorial. How do you know they were new? Was the ink still wet? Business goes on and if the day before the shutdown, they have a contract fulfilled, would you expect them to send it back. There could have been a last second stay. You guys are just grabbing at straws to keep the destruction of Obama on the front burner. I have a lot of questions but maybe because of all the years I spent in the military, when someone says this is closed or you can't walk there or I see a sign that says "stay off the grass", I generally follow the direction.
schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

I could at Andrews or Belvoir but not CampDavid.
schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

You mean there is a law saying that employers can cut hours when they want? I just figured that was just their privilege as the owner. Didn't know there was a law that granted them that right.
schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Don't know what money is being taken from one and given to another but I paid into SS and Medicare all my working life and now I draw on that.