cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bruce MN
Advisor

With deep sadness,,,,,,dagwud

Dag and I had exchanged emails a few times...directions and parking suggestions for the ball game where he caught the foul ball and such. Just late this past summer.

Fearing the worst, I Google'd .......................................

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/globegazette/obituary.aspx?pid=159825223

Handsome devil, was he not?  Only 54...just a kid.  RIP.  God Bless.

14 Replies
kraft-t
Senior Advisor

Re: With deep sadness,,,,,,dagwud

We haven't heard from him for a while and I figured that his situation had worsened. I met him once as he came to my farm sale. Yes he was way too young to be passing. 

hardnox604008
Advisor

I'm saddened in hearing that.

In real life I'm notoriously awkward in dealing with sickness and death so really didn't engage with him a great deal about his health.

But I did admire the way he approached it.

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

I am very sorry to hear that.  Noticed that he had not been on here lately but never dreamed of this.  Having survived that beast twice and just had minor surgery 3 months ago for a skin cancer, I can relate to what he was going through but not the ultimate end of days since I never had to go through any of that.  Thought he was a very nice guy and not fanatical about his politics.  Very sad!

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

That`s very sad news, I hoped that he could beat it.  Dagwud was a real class act that took the high road everytime.

Samnospam
Advisor

He was here in the loony bin for a long time. I enjoyed how much he irritated don, i'll miss that.
Jim B. in Iowa
Senior Contributor

That makes me really sad.  He was one guy around here that I felt I almost always agreed with...and he was able to be courteous in the face of insults and accusations.  It was an honor to know him here.  He will be missed. 

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

Sorry to hear that.

Always enjoyed dag's posts he was always couteous and did not land in extreme areas of any subject but put forward a reasoned and thoughtfull response.

Guess I expected this outcome from some of his posts about his treatments.

Thanks for posting this bruce, I would not have known where to find that info.

He will be missed on this site.

gough whitlam
Senior Contributor

I would have loved to have met the man. I tried to follow his illness on here but this was a bit unexpected for me.  He was an icon on here and will be missed.

r3020
Senior Advisor

Thanks for the post Bruce. I can add nothing that you have not already said.