cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Contributor

Women should pay more

for health insurance, because they have babies and have more body parts.

So say the Repubs.

“Fox News’ John Stossel thinks women should pay more for health insurance because “women go to the doctor much more often than men,” possibly because “they’re hypochondriacs,” the Fox Business host posits.

“But, John, you’re not paying attention,” replied a sarcastic Steve Doocy. “This administration, this president wants to make everything fair. It’s not fair if you pay less than she does …  And as a number of Republicans have made the argument, why should I pay for — I’m in my 60s, why should I pay for your maternity coverage?”

4 Replies
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Women should pay more

Really only a problem since the destruction of the nuclear family.  Otherwise a man and a woman as a pair would be paying the bill.   It really wouldn't matter if she paid a bit more because it would really be paid as a family.  In a society where we seem to embrace the public deciding the direction peoples lives should take wouldn't financially discouraging single motherhood be acceptable?

Highlighted

It's really a pretty cool game.

The way it is played is that Republicans all get in a circle with their assault weapons, facing in.

Then they put paper targets of women, hispanics, public employees and everybody who gets (non corporate or farm) benefits from the government.

Then they put the ARs in auto fire mode and blast away.

Highlighted
Veteran Advisor

Ah, but fox news is a NEWS station!  They NEVER editorialize!!  Only the liberal stations do that!

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

If you like your current health plan you can keep it. Period.

Women will pay more under Obama care.