cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Women soccer, truth or fiction

There appears to have been some posting that claimed the women's soccer team was beaten by a team of 15 year old boys.

The site truth or fiction bends over backwards to "debunk" the claim.   It's a perfect example of why sites such as SNOPES and truth or fiction are unreliable.  They twist and turn things to suit the left wing political agenda.  

Here they say that it wasn't a game, just a scrimmage.  A scrimmage is a simulated game, with emphasis on the word game.  The ladies were beat.

Further the conflation of a women's soccer team with women's wages is disingenuous.  It should be noted that the women's soccer team only beat another women's soccer team.  If they want men's wages let them play the men's teams.

The same is true in general of women in the work place.  Those who are doing men's work are paid men's wages IF they have worked as long and as hard.  Studies consistently back up that finding.

https://www.truthorfiction.com/was-the-u-s-womens-national-team-defeated-by-teenaged-boys-in-a-2017-...

7 Replies
Highlighted
Senior Advisor

Re: Women soccer, truth or fiction

Women get a higher percentage of add revenue than men so actually they are paid more than men. There is just less demand for their product. And then they try to create even less demand by insulting half of their audience.

Highlighted
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@Kurt#1 wrote:

There appears to have been some posting that claimed the women's soccer team was beaten by a team of 15 year old boys.

I last read they won the World Cup against women. 

The site truth or fiction bends over backwards to "debunk" the claim.   It's a perfect example of why sites such as SNOPES and truth or fiction are unreliable.  They twist and turn things to suit the left wing political agenda.  

Here they say that it wasn't a game, just a scrimmage.  A scrimmage is a simulated game, with emphasis on the word game.  The ladies were beat.

Further the conflation of a women's soccer team with women's wages is disingenuous. 

Really? What a typical misogynist attitude. 

It should be noted that the women's soccer team only beat another women's soccer team.  If they want men's wages let them play the men's teams.

The same is true in general of women in the work place.  Those who are doing men's work are paid men's wages IF they have worked as long and as hard.  Studies consistently back up that finding.

https://www.truthorfiction.com/was-the-u-s-womens-national-team-defeated-by-teenaged-boys-in-a-2017-...

Your point of posting that is bewildering. I suspect some are still gnashing teeth over Rapinoe not bowing to the de fuhrer like the rest so like you all the silly stories are shuffled to the surface again. 

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

The silly thing is how many people who are apparently allowing sports figures, entertainment figures, etc., to unduly influence them, especially in matters that have little to do with sports, entertainment, etc.  Do we go to a preacher for financial advice?  Do we go to our car dealer for spiritual advice?  Do we actually listen to Boris for any advice?

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@WCMO wrote:

The silly thing is how many people who are apparently allowing sports figures, entertainment figures, etc., to unduly influence them, especially in matters that have little to do with sports, entertainment, etc.  Do we go to a preacher for financial advice?  Do we go to our car dealer for spiritual advice?  Do we actually listen to Boris for any advice?

Put it this way.  I can certain aim you in the right direction on many occasions. Why would Rapinoe want to visit a narcissistic self confessed woman molester married to a suspect character, for advice?  It wouldn’t matter who you went to for spiritual advice because it doesn’t exist. Imagine requesting advice from a known group of child molesters about some problems a grown man should know already. You don’t give yourself much credibility there comrade. 

I know my posts are a little abrasive but it’s the truth. Don’t get hung up on that but produce some debate against it. I certainly have bought this group out of their hammock like slumber of republican anaesthetic. Enjoy. 

Highlighted
Senior Advisor

I'm more here for varying American farmer viewpoints and relevant information than for actual debate.  You won't convince me of anything, I have no plans to try to convince you of anything.  I don't really care what you think, and I certainly don't assume that you care what I think.  No debate necessary.  You are welcome to say what you wish.

What you see as "truth" is actually just the way you see it thru your own eyes and ears, same as the rest of us.  Your viewpoint, and mine, are otherwise not special in any way.  I understand that, and am not forceful about it.  You, on the other hand, seem to be in everyone's face who doesn't see things the same as you, and you also seem to be in the minority of opinions on various matters discussed.  Not sure if that means anything, yet your attitude and abrasiveness does get tiresome.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

You went to great lengths to say nothing.  The problem remains you are not willing to accept the truth.  Being recalcitrant is not a defence.  My opinion is worldwide about the extreme levels of subsides your farmers receive.  The irony is how de fuhrer is destroying agriculture because he didn’t like the balance of trade figures  with China. Your farmers have admitted they liked the arrangement prior to trump which I remind you was free trade. How can his big chested charades help free trade now.  

I make no apologies for my opinion but I will not sugarcoat it purely to continue the essay of deliberate lies so you don’t have to admit your  POTUS is a fool.