cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

Wonder what the real number is?

During an interview on CNN's "State of the Union," Walensky was asked about vaccinated Americans who have contracted the virus – and whether anyone has died from an infection, despite being inoculated. Walensky said the CDC is aware of 223 so-called "break-through" infections in vaccinated Americans, but clarified that many of those individuals died due to other causes.

"Not all of those 223 cases who had COVID actually died of COVID," she said. "They may have had mild disease but died, for example, of a heart attack."

But critics pounced on Walensky's reasoning.

"After all this time, we are going to start distinguishing died ‘with’ Covid from died 'from' Covid," one Twitter user wrote. "How anyone lives with the dishonest reporting of numbers is beyond me. Either we treat all the deaths with the same questioning or none of them, Period."

'So she literally just admitted that the covid death count isn’t a real count of covid deaths. The response to this pandemic gets more baffling by the day."

Others suggested that all COVID-19 deaths should be re-examined to determine whether the person died "from" the virus or "with" it.

"Sounds like 500k cases need to be reviewed to more accurately distinguish ‘with’ and ‘from’," one user said. "Hmm, thought I heard this same sentiment expressed in the past."

4 Replies
rsbs
Senior Advisor

Re: Wonder what the real number is?

Basically what I said previously....a healthy person has a greater risk of accidental death than dying OF covid.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

You can argue all the numbers and excuses you want but one number indicates something killed more people in the world than usual.

Maybe they did not die of Covid but millions more are dead because of the virus pandemic.

https://www.who.int/news-room/spotlight/the-impact-of-covid-19-on-global-health-goals?fbclid=IwAR2kI...

As of 31 December 2020, COVID-19 had infected over 82 million people and killed more than 1.8 million worldwide. But preliminary estimates suggest the total number of global “excess deaths” directly and indirectly attributable to COVID-19 in 2020 amount to at least 3 million, 1.2 million higher than the official figures reported by countries to WHO.

With the latest COVID-19 deaths reported to WHO now exceeding 3.3 million, based on the estimates produced for 2020, we are likely facing a significant undercount of total deaths directly and indirectly attributed to COVID-19.

sam1wiseone
Senior Contributor

The who is a joke.

World health that is.

I like the band.

IH3719492
Senior Contributor

Switching methods to create statistics is "Science!"

Just ask the consensus crowd that couldn't explain a p value to save their life, but "just knows" consensus is "Science!" 

😂😂😂