cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advisor

Worth a read

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/04/27/the-european-union-always-was-a-cia-project-as-brexit...

Worth a careful read. There's a viewpoint represented but imho not a single duplicitous assertion.

Actually a reason to fear Hillary and maybe give Trump's FP speech some acknowledgment.

I don't trust Trump (he might be kind of the Bernie on this) but Hillary is doomed as an old CFR Atlanticist- the old order is dying and something new is going to have to replace it.

And of course more than anything, the US remains irreplacable in any order but it has to be in a way that makes sense for present reality, not all the old alliances that we've tied ourselves into.

A different topic but that includes Israel, where Hillary is also deeply compromised.

4 Replies
Highlighted
Advisor

Re: Worth a read

On foreign policy it is a Hobson's Choice.

On the one hand I have no reason whatsoever to have faith in Trump's ability to deal with the historical complexity, and requisite subtlety, that the article implies (say what you will about those Oxbridge fellows, they're a clever bunch).

On the other, Hillary starts in the wrong place and I can't really see her altering course until she's already bollixed the thing.

Highlighted
Advisor

One reason to doubt Trump despite his somewhat interesting foreign policy speech (prepared by his staff and delivered by teleprompter) is Cards Already Played.

He's sworn he's going to make Mexico pay for The Wall even though that has 0% possibility of happening short of going full Zachary Taylor, invading and ransacking the gold vaults.

That isn't exactly subtle. And the French and Japanese aren't too worried about that possibility.

Highlighted
Honored Advisor

The wall can be built under $20 billion and we run a annual trade deficit with Mexico of $60 Billion.  The Mexicans here send alot of money back home, we could snatch that up, I think that amount sent back rivals the amount of drug trade in Mexico.   There are alot of lucrative avenues we could pursue in shaking down the Mexican government...if we just have the cojones.

Highlighted
Senior Contributor

@BA Deere wrote:

The wall can be built under $20 billion and we run a annual trade deficit with Mexico of $60 Billion.  The Mexicans here send alot of money back home, we could snatch that up, I think that amount sent back rivals the amount of drug trade in Mexico.   There are alot of lucrative avenues we could pursue in shaking down the Mexican government...if we just have the cojones.

Oh heck BA Deere, just because you can talk to a wall doesn't mean one can be built! Smiley Wink