cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hardnox604008
Advisor

Worth watching

Film "Obey" takes about an hour but I think it is worth watching sometime.

Disclaimer- it does contain some of the elements that I criticize in other video content posted here  i.e., ominous music, flashy images etc.

http://www.truthdig.com/avbooth/item/watch_obey_film_based_on_chris_hedges_death_of_the_liberal_clas...

2 Replies
Samnospam
Advisor

Re: Worth watching

I watched a fair portion of it.  Unfettered capitalism... I don't know how people can call this unfettered capitalism.  Government and industry working hand in hand aiding each others monopoly is not unfettered capitalism, it is fascism.   How can anyone look at the last 100 years of growing government power and that power used to squash capitalistic competition and think more government control is the answer is irrational.  More of the same thing results in something different or more of the same?  

One for you, sorry no sound track, lots of scary graphs and figures though.   

hardnox604008
Advisor

Re: Worth watching

A semantic difference although I suspect the term "capitalism" is permanently corrupted because throughout the cold war it was used to describe the multinational corporate fascism that evolved  as a defense against "communism" which for better or worse was also a misnomer..

There probably is a better term for it but at the moment it escapes me as to what sort of descriptor would be generally understood.

As the old saying goes,  choose your enemies well because that is who you will come to resemble.