cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

Would you Unplug this guy ?

This guy over on the other site keeps talking about his family, his boys, and grand kids and asks advice like why his son doesnt want his boy to farm.

Uses his real name, the names of family members and discusses all kinds of personal life.

He has said he is 61, but acts like a 95 year old fool who just got the internet.

Last year he openly discussed another silly personal question I almost created a fake accout ( I'm still banned  Smiley Happy  )  to to tell him to shut up already.

If he was my Dad or Gpa I would be SUPER Ticked.

5 Replies
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Re: Would you Unplug this guy ?

Well, if it bothers you don`t read his stuff...there probably was a good reason that you were banned on whatever site that is.

NewAgJudge
Senior Contributor

You didnt answer the question.

And no, there was NOT a good reason for me being banned.

hardnox
Advisor

Well, everybody's got their problems.

I'm glad mine are relatively small as far as I know.

And I try not to be THE problem, which it sounds like this guy might be.

A farm has meaning as long as the people involved inbue it with some sort of meaning that works for them. It is a good thing to be cooperatively engaged in useful enterprise.

Otherwise it is just a bunch of dirt.

KNAPPer
Senior Contributor

I would tell him that though he may think he is among friends, and probably is for the most part, that he should consider not using real names (especially detail on children because veryone on the net may not be actually "nice") and I would probably try and offer him real advice if it was something I knew anything about. Would I like reading his life problems? Maybe not. I would have to read what ye wrote and decide for myself. Sounds like he may be really isolated and needs to find someone to talk with rather than strangers. Obviousally his family is unaware of his posts and he probably doesn't talk with them about problems - which he should.

Unplug - no. Try and open his eyes - possibly or porbably, depending on what he says there.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

First of all, I don`t know what "other site" that you`re talking about, I skimed Newagtalk and the Farm Journal one and didn`t find anything, if you could put a link we`d all maybe know better as to what you`re talking about.   But I gather a guy using his real name is mad that his son doesn`t want his grandson to farm?  And if I was the grandson would i be mad?    ...well that would depend on how petty I was.  And no, the granddad shouldn`t be getting that personal, but as long as he isn`t talking about me, i don`t care.   Those sort of "Dear abby" letters are boring anyway.