Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Red Steele
Veteran Advisor

Wrong orator, right message

we have to elect the person with the insights to make America competitive

again, even if he lacks a good deal of the skills necessary. We cannot 

afford a third term of Buck Ofama.

http://townhall.com/columnists/patbuchanan/2016/09/30/trump-right-on-trade-predators-n2225548

Trade surpluses from 1870 to 1970....now $700 billion in deficits....A country lost that needs

to be turned around.

But lets talk about rainbows, unicorns, Miss Piggy, and Rosie ODonnell instead.

15 Replies
sw363535
Honored Advisor

Re: Wrong orator, right message

I can't wait for the next debate....... got my plastic pancho and goggles...........  lets go 

Bring on Miss Piggy and Andy Kaufman round two  🙂

and hopefully Andy will put america back to work again.....

your right red,,,,, She can talk around it, but the economy is still the election and she is in the spot of having to defend history.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Liberals are basically confused how we can "support Trump, will alllll the things he says????".  It is globalism verses sovereignty and for the first time in a very long time we have a showdown in the old town of El Paso, Clint Eastwood/Trump on mainstreet and a generic murderer/Hillary Clinton ready to see who`s the quick and who`s the dead. 

But the trade deficit tells the whole story of the decline in this country, the off shoring factories and loss of living wage jobs.  It sadly got rolling with Reagan, picked up steam during Clinton #42.  Clinton #45 will fiddle with the carburetor on TPP, probably never mentin NAFTA again...Trump`s the only one that will seriously try to bring back jobs.

bruce MN
Advisor

It's still close enough that if he were to give a serious presentation on just how he was going to do that in a manner that was even remotely relatable he could pick up some substantial support.

But even you would have to admit there has been nothing proposed other than, essentially, "It will be great!".

The only one out of the whole outfit from last winter on to actually attempt to hold an objective conversation on matters of trade, jobs and the economy is Sanders.  Agree with his views or not, he went there.  Everything else has been Classic Ag Forumesque "just know", presumptive on the basis of identity scat. Austrian, gold buggery, kill The Fed or supply side or some hybrid thereof.

The failure of the Republican Party to generate or spawn a movement based on ideas and policy,  as it has always held the edge on the Democrats on over time, got us to here.  Hatred of all things Obama, who in reality functions intellectually and tacticly like an effective Republican used to, created so much distraction that a pragmatic, idea based caucus would have gone unnoticed if it had surfaced. All we got was Ryan, carrying water for an amoral plutocracy who's very existence demands a serious response from the left.  And the Senate leadership that manned the Obama firewall.

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Bruce, every politician says "just know" things...perhaps you like and give a pass to what the Democrats say, but they are just as guilty as the Republicans.  Look at what the Dems PROMISED about Obamacare, "it`ll reduce the deficit"  "your premiums will be reduced by $2500"...on and on, Nancy Pelosi "just knew" that you pass it and it`ll be great...well???

But Trump talks about "tariffs" and Bruce, my hand to God, that is the only way I know you`ll bring jobs back to the USA, is to punish cheaply produced foreign goods and protect domestic jobs...that and Trump talks about lowering corporate tax rates to bring money home that will be but to use...would you rather have 15% of $5 Trillion or zero % of $5 Trillion which is what we have now.  

I know, I`m running counter to the Farm Burueau and Tyne Morgan, but goll dang it, the economy is much bigger than selling a few pork and beans to Japan.   Farmers win with lower tariffs, BUT the general economy suffers, because I doubt that many $16 Ribeyes are purchased with a ETB card.

bruce MN
Advisor

Trump doesn't "talk about those things".  He makes appeals based on gross generalities and appeals to phobias. 

And, no, all politicians don't avoid ideas and issues.  But those who do somehow have been somehow become presumed to be scary and even treasonous.  You seem obsessed with the 80s. There was no greater sin back then than to be a Republican who questioned anything Reagan.  See: Kemp, Simpson, Weber......

schnurrbart
Veteran Advisor

Ba, steely et al. Watched a short film today that had two famous orators giving short examples of their style. Both did a lot of arm movement and finger wagging and pointing. Basically, their speeches centered on how certain elements of the population were the cause of the nations problems and the need to rid the country of them. I was in the city of Dachau at KZ Dachau. All over the place now were the words NIE WIEDER! Really reminded me of someone near and dear to your sick hearts!
Packard27
Senior Contributor

Donald Trump is an undeciplined, congenital narcissist. Just dangle the political "boob bait" in front of him and then watch "The Donald" fail to resist every opportunity to just resist every opportunity. Folks, he cannot help himself. 

When Hillary Clinton wins in November, it will be more due to Trump's inexplicable ineptitude and self centered personality disorder than it will have anything to do with Mrs. Clinton's honesty or trustworthiness. She has neither.

Vote for Hillary: Our liar. Our crook. Our time. Now, more than ever!

Cordially,

Members of the "Washington DC/Wall Street Patriot Class."

Milligan Hay - Iowa d:^)
Veteran Advisor

Nie Wieder Klinton!

(Never again Clinton!)

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Bruce, I obsessed with the 80`s because that`s my baseline, it was the tipping point when things started going from being okay to the highway to perdition of which we are now on and the end of the road in sight.  We learned to spend ourselves rich, we learned Mexicans work cheap, we learned other countries can take our hard work jobs and we can just invest in the stock market for our "jobs"....In short we turned into professional gamblers, by the end of the 80`s

Trump DOES mention tariffs, but the damned Dems and media want to talk about "Miss Piggy"...see, smart people heard what Trump says about tariffs

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/01/07/donald-trump-says-he-favors-big-tariffs-on-ch...

and this is why the WSJ endorses Hillary.   I`ll type this in bold for effect, but:   IT`S IMPOSSIBLE TO MAKE THOSE UNDERSTAND WHO`S PAYCHECK IS DEPENDENT UPON NOT UNDERSTANDING.   and that is the bottomline.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/298648-wall-street-journal-editorial-board-me...