cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Yo. BA

We’re you represented in the ELCA sanctuary vote yesterday?

38 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: Yo. BA

As I understand the ELCA Synod can`t tell us individual churches what to do...which is too bad, I was looking for an excuse to sleep in Sundays  Smiley Happy

It`s votes like that that are an example that you wouldn`t want to leave your church an inheritance as many used to do, you just don`t know what kind of church it will be 5 years from now.

Senior Contributor

BA,the ELCA ceased to be a Christian organization sometime ago, and is now a political action group.

If the ELCA was finding oppressed Lutherans from around the globe and settling them here, they would have support at the local level. Instead, over 90 percent of the funds used by the social justice warriors that have taken over the immigration division of the Lutherans actually came from the US government. And the continual funding of refugees, some that openly hate what traditional America is all about, doesn't come from Church goers either.

The ELCA has driven away most conservative Lutherans, over 900 congregations have joined in the LCMC group , and from I read, the churches that leave are large ones....averaging 1000 members. The small churches that would also leave usually don't or can't because they can't fund the legal expense to take on a big organization like the ELCA.

When Lutherans in conservative places such as Ethiopia are growing in membership, and outnumber the dwindling American social justice warriors, it should be a canary in a coal mine moment for the "leadership" here but it hasn't been, and won't be.

Will the last ELCA Lutheran leaving, please turn out the lights?

Honored Advisor

Hey Red, I`ve heard a  ELCA Bishop or two believe that Jesus was a "historical figure" not the Son of God.  The ELCA has a real heretic problem.  The "gay vote" torn our parish of churches in two and now (many congregations took a hike) those of us that remain only because we were assured that we can discriminate against a homosexual preacher if the need arises.   Now I guess if we don`t want to, we don`t have to BREAK THE LAW by housing illegal aliens..wow thanks ELCA  Smiley Indifferent

But I`m sure one day that will change, to be in the ELCA you`ll have to drink the Kool aid.  Satan is at war, full court press against God`s church.   If you`re a old bachelor farmer, heir to the Osh Gosh B`gosh fortune, I doubt you`ll be remembering your ELCA church in your will.   And that is going to take a bite out of ELCA`s social activism slush fund, of course perhaps now they are liberal enough they`ll get corporate (satan`s) support. 

Senior Contributor

Watching the demise of the ELCA reminds us what can and will happen to the USA as a country if/when the communists consolidate gains in leadership.

Trump may not be perfect, might not even be any good, but POTUS Trump is not a communist, and has appointed a plethora of conservative judges for which we all can be grateful. 

If there is a future for the USA as a capitalistic, free country....a symbol for oppressed people from all over the globe (ie American flag waving Hong Kong freedom protestors), it is because Trump is doing all he can to ensure that future.

Honored Advisor

It will be divine intervention if President Trump gets re elected...a lot of damned dumb selfish people out there that will "vote against him".  Hard to run against Santa Claus and the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Senior Contributor

It will be divine intervention if President Trump gets re elected

Not much chance then since there is no evidence of any 'divine beings' to carry out that.

Senior Advisor

His re-election would be evidence.

Senior Contributor

So 3020.......If TheTrump is NOT reelected....do we all go to H*ll ?????

Veteran Contributor

The first thing you're taught in a cult:

"This is not a cult".