cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advisor

Re: Yo. BA

The Senate "districts" are drawn by the Constitution and the various acts admitting the states to the Union.

There are HI, DE, RI and such. But also ND, SD, MT, ID, WY etc.

The real magic of the weigthing, though, is in the low/middle pop states across the MW and South.

BTW, The Blob knows this intimately and that's why it uses social wedge issues to protect its agenda.

Honored Advisor

With the senate, shouldn`t each unique state have equal protection?   If New York City controls the direction of the entire New York state including the conservative farmers of rural New York state (if that ain`t bad enough) why then should New York City senators pass laws affecting (usually negatively) against a rural state such as Wyoming?   

There isn`t problems of horses stepping in prairie dog holes in New York City and there isn`t getting mugged on a subway problems in Wyoming. 

Advisor

Yes, although the murder rate in WY is quite a lot higher.

Like I said, I'm not fighting that fight, other than to note that MEGO when I hear folks complaining that they're underrepresented in DC. 

If they're underrepresented it is because they chose to be- like with RIN waivers. The Blob has distracted them to More Important Matters.

Honored Advisor

Everyone is armed in Wyoming and still per 100,000 the state is 2.6 murders, New York state is 2.8, Illinois is 7.8.  Some of the southern states are double digits.

Thing with "murder rate" is one drug dealer killing another drug dealer...well, they deserved it.  Good people instinctively know to stay out of the "bad parts of town".   And getting mugged on the subway, I`m sure good people just give their wallet to the group of sharpened screwdriver thugs rather than become a victim of murder.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_homicide_rate

Advisor

You got me there.

I generally acknowledge as much when it happens.

Just Knowing is a lot more reliable.

Advisor

Really never thought that I would live to see a day where we have educated people, citizens even, in the USA rooting for China to prosper and for the USA to fail.

I blame the schools and the indoctrination process.

Honored Advisor

Yes Red, if it was any other country that we were at battle with, China`s pathetic human rights violations alone would have the  progressive community DEMANDING that we divest from China, same as South Africa and Russia.  I-Phones would be publicly smashed, Chinese dog food, baby food plastic junk would be burned on the public square.

But "orange man bad" ...sooo, Go China! 

Senior Contributor

@BA Deere wrote:

Yes Red, if it was any other country that we were at battle with, China`s pathetic human rights violations alone would have the  progressive community DEMANDING that we divest from China, same as South Africa and Russia.  I-Phones would be publicly smashed, Chinese dog food, baby food plastic junk would be burned on the public square.

But "orange man bad" ...sooo, Go China! 

Advisor

Yup.

Your little brother is growing, and catching up.

So you fix it by cutting a foot off of both of you.

Forgetting that there are other kids in the neighborhood.