cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Senior Contributor

You don't have that authority Mr President

From Trump's tweet:

Our great American companies are hereby ordered to immediately start looking for an alternative to China, including bringing your companies HOME and making your products in the USA.

30 Replies
Honored Advisor

Re: You don't have that authority Mr President

Xi is obviously mentally unstable and needs the Chinese version of the "25th amendment".  I don`t know my history well enough, perhaps Bruce can tell us the exact day that FDR embargoed nazi Germany.

Senior Contributor

@BA Deere wrote:

Xi is obviously mentally unstable and needs the Chinese version of the "25th amendment".  I don`t know my history well enough, perhaps Bruce can tell us the exact day that FDR embargoed nazi Germany.

Good analogy. China seeks to dominate us. We would be well served in avoiding any dealings that will aid them in their goals. 

Senior Contributor

China is not our friend, someone take trumps pbone...... Please.

Senior Contributor

BA I think you will find the US embargo on Germany would have happened after Germany declared war on the US in December of 1941.

The US was not happy that Britain maintained an embargo prior to that, and enforced it against US ships too, starting when Germany invaded Poland in 1939

Senior Advisor

He can give the order, he just can't enforce it.

Senior Contributor

Sam,

I agree with you, but any S&P 500 CEO or CFO who does not already have a China Plan B on the shelf should a worst case scenario occur should be sued by shareholders for utter malpractice. Everyone has had years to see this coming.

I suspect what will come next will be a long, painful, costly, but hopefully, peaceful separation of the two countries. Much like long married couples in poisoned and dysfunctional marriages; what we should be looking for is a mutually agreed upon separation due to irreconcilable differences. 

This is not about winning or losing a trade war with a like minded country. It is much more about finding a way to walk away, but still wish the Chinese (or Russians, Iranians, North Koreans, Cubans, Venezuelans, etc) well in their future endeavors.

Advisor

Honored Advisor

If Ronald Reagan had twitter

Image result for reagan bombing starts in 5 minutes

Senior Contributor

Re: If Ronald Reagan had twitter

Sad he was suffering from dementia while in office.