cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Honored Advisor

Re: Apparently he does have authority

We are in a war that is more important than the Revolutionary War, which was the most important since trade war started where we finally fought back in 2018. Despite what grandpa says, we could`ve lived in a world where the nazis and Japanese were contained oceans away...much as we do with North Korea and Iran now.   WWII was just a favor to Europe on the part of the US, hitler and tojo would`ve traded with us, probably fairer than Chinese president Xi. 

If we continued the trade deficit course (doing nothing) or if we don`t win this trade war, all previous wars in the US history mean nothing. Britain coulda just as well won, Jefferson Davis coulda just as well won, the Kaiser coulda just as well won, hitler coulda just as well won, the Koreans & Vietnamese leaders coulda just as well prevailed, Sadam & Bin Laden coulda just as well prevailed....If China is just thrown the keys to the United States candy store in the 21st century.

If George Washington and the Continental Army wanted a farmer`s horses to win a key battle, I`d say take my horses and rifle too if you need it and we`ll settle up after you win...just win at any cost, sir!  And that is how I see General Trump.

Oh I know "this sets a bad precedence, what if in the future AOC gets it???"  I got news for you, if the communists like Bernie Sanders Democrats get in, they will set their own precedences and push to the limits and trash the Constitution in their own evil way.   

"If the ambulance has to break the speed limit law to save their patient" I am not going to write the ambulance driver a speeding  ticket.

This from the last man that my Dad cast a ballot for:

Image result for extremism in the defence of liberty is no vice 

Senior Contributor

we could`ve lived in a world where the nazis and Japanese were contained oceans away.

Do you actually believe that sort of stuff BA?

You should study history and realize that first Japan attacked you and so declared war on your country and then Germany declared war on your country. And you think your country had a choice to just live with them.

Advisor

Canuck, maybe you should read up on "why" Japan attacked the USA. We were not being neutral, and were keeping Japan from getting fuel.

Speculation is that FDR actually wanted an attack like Pearl Harbor, to galvanize America into supporting entry into the war.

Honored Advisor

Exactly, Red!  FDR was looking for a excuse to get into WWII, we baited Japan into attacking Pearl Harbor.  History calls one of hitler`s mistakes declaring war on the US, though historians agree that war with Germany would`ve eventually came about imminently.  The US public had to be sold on it Lindberg and many other heros of the day were against war, but getting Japan to attack was like 9/11 Towers and Iraq.

Some will say "concentration camp! concentration camps!"  yes, but that wasn`t the selling factor of the war to the American people and only known/caused by the war actually happening in the first place.  Butterfly effect.

Senior Contributor

You are 'adapting' history to suit your beliefs BA.

If you actually check facts you will find Germany opened the first concentration camp in the early 30ies at Dachua.

If you think that your government was 'baiting' Japan then WHY did they leave Pearl Harbour undefended if they were expecting an attack?

Again look at real historical facts of why Japan had trade embargoes applied to it which brought Japan to the place of attacking the US and then Germany declaring war on the US too.

Advisor

You people are nuts.

Senior Advisor

Roosevelt wanted war to end the depression. He was perfectly willing to trade blood for jobs.

Advisor

Should come as no surprise that as Trump becomes more erratic and unhinged, members of the cult do likewise.

At this point I do hope that Trump doesn't even get a bad agreement (that he can claim is the best).

Leave it to a competent administration to try to salvage something. Although you can mark my words that if a new administration got a deal it would be the "worst ever" here even if it was verbatim what Trump's "best deal ever" would be.

Advisor

Pat's Revenge

for Bullwinkle's History Corner.

I do recall one of Pat's screeds on that topic, which makes perfect sense once you realize that he is a Nazi at heart.

A far better counterfactual history case can be made regarding WWI, though. Which might have rendered WWII a non-event. 

Advisor

Re: Pat's Revenge

"One car going the wrong direction? Dear, there are HUNDREDS going the wrong direction!"