cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bruce MN
Advisor

You wingers are infectious

Hear or read something enough and danged if it doesn’t stick.

In conversation with a Trump hater who brought up separating little kids from their parents and I reflexively said “be careful with that ‘cause Obama did it too!”.

Turns out:

https://www.npr.org/2019/04/09/711446917/fact-check-trump-wrongly-states-obama-administration-had-ch...
7 Replies
gh2002gh
Senior Contributor

Re: You wingers are infectious

Everytime they claim he's lied, they are proven completely wrong.  

I don't even read past your propoganda titles anymore...there's absolutely no point.  

Collusion!!!!!!!!!!!

Treason!!!!!!!!!

98%!!!!!!!!!!

It's just funny that you keep tripping over yourself with each new propoganda piece.  

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

(Hear or read something enough and danged if it doesn’t stick.
In conversation with a Trump hater who brought up separating little kids from their parents and I reflexively said “be careful with that ‘cause Obama did it too!”.
Turns out)

A few other "Fact Check's" say Obama did separate kids from parents on a smaller scale, so I guess you are right when you said you read NPR enough times, you believe it.

Now, I don't think either President was responsible for separating kids from parents, I blame the parents.  If my choice is separating me from my kid or staying in Mexico, I'm staying with my kid.

Canuck_2
Senior Contributor

That ties into a discussion I heard on radio this aft.

They were talking about the Carbon tax that has just begun in parts of Canada that have no plan to reduce CO2 output.

The comment was that showing the people against it more facts would sway them but the other person said it has been proven that facts do not work very well with people who just believe the opposite.

They ignore the facts and make excuses to keep believing what they want to just believe.

Look at the replies you have so far.

Edmund55
Senior Contributor

(They ignore the facts and make excuses to keep believing what they want to just believe.

Look at the replies you have so far.)

What facts do you just believe that I have wrong Canuck?

k-289
Senior Advisor

AND   MEXICO   GOING  TO  PAY  FOR  IT,  along  with  the  BETTER,   CHEAPER,  EVERYBODY    health  care ,  oh  &  don't  forget  to  LOCK   WHO  UP  - ?

rsbs
Veteran Advisor

I bet you get invited to all the parties...lol.

51 percent.....53 percent....will we see a 60 percent by November 2020?

WCMO
Senior Advisor

Sorry, no need to even look it up again, but the Obama administration may not have had a POLICY of separating children from their adults at the border, although they DID actually do so.

And, on the carbon  tax issue -- that does not itself solve any problems, it only provides a tax disincentive to those who produce carbon emissions.  While tax incentives/disincentives do appear to have an impact over time, it has much less and slower impact on those things that are more price inelastic.  In other words, a carbon tax is mostly a grab for money, and it's effectiveness depends greatly on how that money is used.