cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Your Daily Rush-Ah!

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2018/07/16/trump-critics-disgusted-he-wont-defend-those-trying-to...   

RUSH: Saline, Michigan. Scott, welcome, sir. Great to have you with us today.

CALLER: Thank you, Rush. Mega dittos. First-time caller, 25 years listening. Quick point. If I were Vladimir Putin, I would just simply say, “Yeah, we hacked you guys, we have world class intelligence, and you guys have been at least careless or grossly negligent. If my agents hadn’t hacked you, I would have fired ’em.”

RUSH: Now, you know Putin’s not gonna say that. Putin’s gonna do the exact — Putin’s gonna do just what he did, act like Alfred E. Neuman. “What, me? Me? You think I would hack? I’m gonna look into that. I never heard of this before today. President brought it up. I didn’t know anything about it. What are you talking about?” Why would you expect him to say, “Of course we hacked and it was too easy. You people need to buckle up. It’s embarrassing.”

CALLER: Yeah, well, I would even say the president of Guatemala and his kids probably did it, too, so what’s it to you?

RUSH: You just want it rammed down the media’s throat, and I can relate to that. Believe me, I can relate to that. But Putin is not gonna do that. He’s gonna continue to play dumb. He’s gonna deny. You never admit to this stuff. I mean, we could play a little game. We could imagine had he admitted it or done some version of what you think. And then they would of course had to gauge Trump’s reaction to that. We’d be off to the races.

And, folks, that would be the only thing in the news from now until the end of this century. I mean, another, you know, 82 years. It would be the lead headline. Not enough time for another caller, and I’ve got some reaction to Trump. Neil Cavuto at the Fox Business Channel thinks it was disgusting, that Trump’s performance was disgusting. And so does Anderson Cooper.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Okay. Sound bites No. 22, 23. Anderson Cooper, CNN, special coverage post-summit presser.

COOPER: You have been watching perhaps one of the most disgraceful performances by an American president, uhh, at a summit in front of a Russian leader certainly that I’ve ever seen. Uh, an extraordinary, uh, press conference.

RUSH: “You’ve been watching perhaps one of the most disgraceful performances by an American president at a summit in front of a Russian leader certainly I’ve ever seen.” Here’s Neil Cavuto on the Fox Business Network. The show is called Coast to Coast, and this during a discussion… It’s about Trump not pushing back hard enough on election meddling. That’s what this is all about. Look, it may be disgusting, it may bother some people, but I can tell you… (sigh) It’s not this hard to figure out.

Do you realize how tired Trump is hearing that he didn’t win? Did you hear how tired he is? Can you imagine how fed up he is with the idea that his victory wasn’t a win, that it wasn’t legitimate, that the Russians stole the election — and, furthermore, that he worked with them to steal the election? That an absolute horrible candidate like Hillary Clinton was supposed to win? She was a lousy candidate. She didn’t even really put any desire or energy into her campaign whatsoever. She went nowhere. She could barely stand up half the places that she went, and yet everybody was saying, “She’s gonna win in a landslide!

“The world order depends on her winning in a landslide,” and then she doesn’t because nature took its course! There was no way she was destined to win this election. She’s a lousy candidate. She’s sitting there existing on pure entitlement. She has been out selling her presidency in advance with all of these murky donations to her crazy foundation. Nobody talked about the lack of ethics there. Nobody talks about the disgusting nature of Barack Obama confiding on an open mic to Medvedev, “Tell Vlad to be patient.

“I’ll have a lot more flexibility after I win the election in 2012, in a few months.” And he’s talking about denuclearizing the American arsenal. Nobody talks about the disgusting relationship of all of these reset buttons and all these phony red lines and all of this and all of that and all these faux admonitions. (Obama impression) “I told him to cut it out. I talked to Putin! I called Putin and I said, ‘You cut it out!’ And he said, ‘Okay;’ he was gonna stop meddling in the election.”

Nobody’s disgusted enough to find out what Obama did to stop any of this when he knew it was going on. He knew full well it was going on because he told people it was going on and then he said — Obama did on a couple occasions — that there’s no way to steal a presidential election; it couldn’t happen. Everybody conveniently forgets that. Then Trump comes along; nature takes its course. The guy busted his rear end campaigning. He came up with consistent messages.

He overcame some of the most incredible dirty tricks — including a made-up, phony dossier accusing him of all sorts of filth that he didn’t do. Ever since he won, the theme has been he didn’t, that he stole it, that the Russians helped him. Now, it may appear disgusting that Trump doesn’t push back on Putin at these press conferences. I still think he’s probably much harder on Putin when the cameras are not on like he’s much hard other Kim Jong-un when the cameras aren’t looking and he’s much harder on Theresa May when the cameras aren’t looking.

But the fact of the matter is just in a human sense I understand how fed up he is with the idea that he didn’t win, that Hillary was supposed to, that it was in the cards, that she was the entitled candidate, that she should have won. He’s had the entire United States intelligence community and the FBI leadership ginned up against him during the campaign, during the transition, after he’s inaugurated. They continue to ask, “Did you tell Putin to stop meddling?” meaning, “Did you tell Putin to stop helping you win?”

It makes perfect sense to me that Donald Trump, human being, is not gonna say anything that will further a narrative that he didn’t win it legitimately. Now, it may be disgusting that he doesn’t push back against Putin at a press conference like this today, but imagine if he did. “Yeah, I told Putin we’re not gonna put up with this.” Let’s say that Trump spouted every line in the Mueller indictment. Let’s say he spouted every line in every intelligence community leak.

Let’s say Trump took the position media believes, and that is the Russians meddled, the Russians affected the outcome of the election, the Russians were doing this, the Russians… Imagine Trump assumes that position or those positions in the press conference, starts accusing Putin of it. Can you imagine the headlines after that? “Trump Admits He Didn’t Win Election.” Donald Trump is not that hard to figure out.

I think he’s acting exactly… Based on my knowledge of Trump, I think he’s probably exercising a little restraint in describing in that sound bite we had how he won the Electoral College and how historic it was. I think he wants to blurt it out. I think he wants to start singing his own praises what a hard campaign it was, how much hard work, how much opposition he faced, what he had to overcome. But he doesn’t. He’s kind of reserved about it. Anyway, here’s Cavuto and his reaction. Again, it’s about not pushing back on Russian meddling in the stupid-***** election.

CAVUTO: He didn’t, and that’s what made it disgusting. That’s what made his performance disgusting. I’m sorry. Just the only way I feel. Not a right-or-left thing to me. Just wrong. A U.S. president on foreign soil talking to our biggest enemy or adversary or competitor — I don’t know how we define them these days — is essentially letting the guy get away with this and not even offering a mild, a mild criticism. That sets us back a lot.

RUSH: I don’t know, folks. (interruption) Well, if in the private meetings Trump let Putin walk all over him, then we can talk about something. But we don’t think that that happened. I’m telling you, I don’t… What is so hard to understand about this? Cavuto and Anderson Cooper want what? They want Trump to adopt the media and deep state line that the election was illegitimate? That his own election was illegitimate? They want him to adopt that line of thinking, and they want him to bash Vladimir Putin? When Putin says, “Well, I’ll look into it. I didn’t know.”

They want Trump to say, “You know you meddled in the election! You know you were trying to arrange things in this election. You know you were doing it! I’m not gonna stand here and let you to lie to the world that you weren’t trying to tamper in our elections.” Headline: “Trump Admits His Election Clouded in Russian Controversy!” He’s just not the kind of guy who is gonna say or do anything that’ll allow anybody to taint his victory.

You then have to believe that Trump is somehow so enamored of Putin that he’ll let Putin walk all over him with everything. How does…? If Trump is such a rotten guy here, and this was so disgusting, how do you explain Trump reaming Angela Merkel for doing that gas pipeline deal with Russia? If Trump is so into Putin and is such a compatriot and doesn’t have the guts to push back against Putin, then what the hell was he doing calling out Angela Merkel for undermining NATO?

She did it by arranging that exclusive gas pipeline deal with Russia, screwing NATO and putting herself at risk, making her vulnerable! And then, to add the cherry on top, he accuses her of aiding an enemy of NATO. “Why are you doing business with Putin? Why are you building him up? Why are you making him rich? Why are you helping him? We got all the gas you want. We got all the natural resources you want. Why not buy it from us?”

If Trump is so disgustingly afraid of pushing back on Putin, then why did he do that with Angela Merkel or Theresa May? Why is Trump trying to get NATO strong enough to stand up to resist Putin if he’s so in Putin’s back pocket? And maybe they’re not saying he’s in Putin’s back pocket. They’re just saying he’s disgusting because he didn’t push back on Putin at this press conference.

You talk about world enemies and so forth. I mean, Russia has always been an enemy, whether the Soviet Union, whether Russia, whether it’s the KGB, Vladimir Putin, or what have you. But they remain a Third World country with a second world military, maybe first world with their nukes. They’re nowhere near a superpower. They’re not even in our league. The ChiComs pose every bit the threat, if not more.

But here’s Trump doing everything he can to make America great again, slapping tariffs here and there, doing everything to penalize people around the world who are not treating us fairly, and somehow he’s still going soft on Putin in this press conference.

I know Reagan walked out of Gorbachev at Reykjavik when Gorbachev suggested we get rid of all nukes, but he did it in such a way Reagan couldn’t agree to it. So maybe Trump was supposed to walk out on Putin at some point. I don’t know.

Look, I can imagine these media people, it probably grates on them when Trump says, “Yeah, I asked him about it, and he didn’t do it. And I respect our intelligence people, but he was really adamant when he said he didn’t do it.” I can imagine that ticks ’em off. “He believes Putin over the intelligence community.”

Well, if you’re Donald Trump, who you gonna believe, John Brennan and James Clapper and the rest of that corrupt bunch, or Putin? The thing is Trump knows that he did not collude with anybody to win that election, and he knows that there isn’t any evidence for it, so why should he even allude to the possibility of it? The dossier was fake. Everything about this.

This entire thing is 180 degrees out of phase! And this entire Mueller investigation is a cover-up for what they were all doing during opposition research days the Hillary Clinton campaign designed to stop Trump, defeat Trump, and then bollix up his transition and then eventually his presidency.

5 Replies
Jim V1
Veteran Contributor

Re: Your Daily Rush-Ah!

I’d trust Mexican water before I’d trust the FBI or the CIA 

Those boy’s are getting to big for their britches. They need

to be taken down a few notches. 

r3020
Senior Advisor

I'm sure their "insurance policy" includes the Kennedy treatment.

k-289
Senior Advisor

I'm  sure   chatter  box,  3  wives +  will   lead  the  Crusades  &  maybe  a  little  support  for  Miss  Maria  Bu ( 13th) would  be  ingenious  - maybe  ?  

k-289
Senior Advisor

Miss  Maria B  is  con nected  to  the  Central  Bank  of  Moscow  according  to  several  news  sources  - even  the  NONE fake  news  folks -  hmmm  - - - 

BA Deere
Honored Advisor

Yes, totally agree.   If Peter Strock and Lisa Page had been texting about "how stupid and crime prone" Blacks are....then holy cow! they would raise a stink! Oh God, they would fire, draw and quarter Strock & Page and open up every case and set free every person they ever testified against.   But here Peter Strock has a bias against the POTUS and here some senators offer him the Purple frigging Heart!   What a slap in the face to those that earned the Purple Heart in the battle field.